“Amazing Crepes, Amateurish Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Creperie

La Creperie
1722 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-5207 (City Center West)
(215) 564-6460
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center West
New York City, New York
“Amazing Crepes, Amateurish Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cute little cafe on the side streets of the Rittenhouse Area. I love crepes, and these were indeed some of the best I have had (would have given a 5 rating for the crepes alone), but frankly the operation of the cafe is so puzzling. The two young ladies running the place that sunday morning performed as if this was their first day on the job and they were just filling in for someone else last minute. They brought the coffee, but took an additional 5 minutes for the cream - actually, after 5 minutes I had to get up to go ask for cream and when they asked me to return to my table and they'll bring it to me I refused and said I'd rather wait at the counter. There were only 3 other tables with guests at that time! We sat for almost 10mins with empty coffee mugs and when they did come around to refill it, they brought a coffee pot with barely enough to fill half a cup (it was a glass pot so quite obvious there were hardly anything left in that pot!). We each ordered "a slice of fromage" at $4 a slice, and it was literally a tiny cube of cheese on a ridiculous paper doily and a large plate. It was the size of a cube of cheese you would spear with a toothpick at a cocktail party - but for $4 a piece it was laugh worthy. Actually, the entire menu seemed overpriced with crepes mostly $10 - $13 a piece, but I didn't mind for the crepes because they were actually quite good.

The strange service and pricing were a disappointment which is too bad because the crepes were amazing (I had the Oh La La with pears).

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eastern NC
“Delicious dessert crepes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

While visiting Philadelphia with my brother we stopped here after lunch to have dessert. The atmosphere is very cafe-like, which I love, and very welcoming. We were the only diners there at 1:00 on a Monday afternoon. I ordered the Bonaparte which was delicious. My brother enjoyed his crepe as well. I will definitely return here for lunch to try some of their other offerings!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Best newly discovered place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Best newly discovered place! It's been there for 15 years. Wonderful quaint place to lunch or have crepes for dinner or just stop in for dessert! Quite French and delicious. They also cater. Do parties. Check them out,

Visited March 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Side of Potatoes - $2.75 for five pieces”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our waitress was awesome. 2 of the 3 creeps were tasty. The quiche totally overcooked - crust was in-cut-able and not edible. All that aside, the kicker was that they charged $2.75 per plate for 5 little potato nuggets. Ridiculous.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Bad experience due to service decision by owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Friends and i had brunch there and we all ordered crepes or quiche. One person asked for a side of breakfast potatoes which caused everyone else to copy. When the food came out we each had 5 mini pieces of potatoes as our side. To give you a portion estimate if you stuck out your index and middle finger you could fix the serving on your fingers with room left over. This was not the issue because we didn't want a huge helping but thought maybe the cook just gave us 5 each as a courtesy and wouldn't charge us. We got the bill and each of us were charged $2.75. We asked the waitress about this and she totally understood and went to speak to the chef/manager/owner who would not permit the waitress to adjust any of it (we didn't expect it to all get waived but maybe reduced or perhaps 2 of them waived). The waitress was so sweet and we could tell she was embarrassed so we accepted it, paid the bill and left It wasn't her fault but the owner messed up with her stingy business decision. Why anger a table of people for 5 tiny potato pieces? It proved service wasn't a priority and the customers opinion didn't count. One of the girls with us said "I've never been to a place where the owner flat out denies their customers about a very obvious and warranted complaint!" On the plus side the waitress was a doll so we thanked her, tipped her as if it was great, but we will not be back.

Visited March 2013