“Full Service Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Roselle, United States
“Full Service Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Has good meals for dinner and breakfast on weekdays. Saves a lot of time not having to go out or wait at a full-service restaurant. Lobby is good social center. Located near shopping and other entertainment. Beds are comfortable. Bath is a little crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ridgecrest, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I traveled with my 6 Girl Scouts on their final trip before graduating high school (had to spend all that cookie money!) - we all agreed that this was the best hotel experience we have ever had - and we are a well traveled bunch! We left for one night to visit another city and when we returned the next day it was like coming home. The staff were awesome, the food was great, and the location allowed for easy access to Philadelphia on the bus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Some of these are directed to city and architects. 1) I left the Convention Center around 5:40 Friday and traffic was horrible the entire way! 2) I missed the small road-level hotel sign on southeast side of street as I drove southwest. 3) I called at Conshohocken Rd. and Belmont Ave. Desk person told me to turn on Stout Rd. which was accurate, but I hit a traffic jam trying to enter Hilton's driveway before Homewood Suite's driveway thanks to the one-lane road in both directions and the limited space causing the architects to have a narrow and short driveway. Homewood Suite's driveway is also narrow and short but despite not having cars waiting to enter it, it's right next to Hilton's. I finally had to drive on the wrong side to get to the parking lot which is a short walk across the street. Desk person may have warned of this traffic jam at 6:40 and suggested going past Stout Rd. and coming via Monument Rd. 4) I knew this before coming, but book inside the room says parking is complimentary when it costs $5 to self-park and $10 for a valet. 5) The room was warm and muggy when I came. I don't want it frigid and I usually turn off the A/C until I return. But it could've been on at a reasonable temperature. 6) Bathroom is small so door stop is next to tub so you may step on it getting in and out. 7) Room net service was horrible so I used Hilton business center. LAN cable was not plugged into wall. 8) Front desk did not say that I needed to get separate key from Hilton to use fitness center. I don't know if that applies to pool too because it was past closing time but door was unlocked because maid was working there so I didn't try my key. 9) I had to re-key a card a couple times because it didn't work. I did not have it close to anything with magnets like a cell phone. This is something I've noticed elsewhere. 10) There's no fan in the bathroom. 11) The bill slipped under the door was stapled. 12) Stairs don't lead to lobby so you have to use elevator. 13) I was glad I asked about my Diamond perks of water and cookies because they weren't in my room. The desk person had a maid bring them up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I'm an employee at the Homewood suites in Wilmington, De and I love it. It is a great place, also a great environment for everyone including guest. I felt comfortable,and at home when I stayed at Homewood on city avenue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Washington DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The room was clean & well kept, free WiFi for phone and devices. There was coffee but NO TEA in the kitchen supplies, but this is a common problem. The TV system was a bit clunky, making it difficult to channel surf, but that's a small peevy complaint. Its nice to have a separate area to sit/ read/ eat so I like the studio concept. If I had stayed for 2-3 nights I would have used the kitchen area more, but for a quick overnight the fridge was all I needed. I would stay here again.

Portsmouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great Suite Hotel co-located with the full service Hilton Hotel which makes it easy to access the bar and dining facilities at the full-service Hotel or cook/warm-up food in your suite. I had a room on the second floor so we had the really high ceilings and I could see downtown Philadelphia from my window.

Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff was professional and kind. Jackie and Toni were the best staff members! They greeted me each day and night with the brightest smile and the warmest sentiments. The housekeeping is spotty and some of the amenities in my room needed attention, but I would stay here again. I love that breakfast and dinner was provided and it tasted good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!