“Comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Santa Cruz, California
“Comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The location and property is a little quirky (pool is shared with next door Hilton, and parking is in a private out-door lot) but hotel is comfortable. The complementary dinner they serve Monday though Thursday is quite good if you're looking for just dinner and not a fancy restaurant experience, and the free breakfasts are good as well.

One downside is that the high speed internet in the rooms is wired (ethernet cable is provided) not wireless, which is a problem tablets and newer laptops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and the kind word. We are in the process of providing wireless in the guest suites before the end of the year. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Massapequa Park, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have spent a lot of time at this hotel in the past year, due to an illness with an uncle who lives in the Philadelphia area. Most of the time, I was traveling by myself, and coming in at all times of the day or night, so safety was of utmost concern to me. Not only is this hotel safe for a woman traveling alone, but what really sets it apart from everything else in the area (and from other hotels all over the world that I have travelled to) is the exceptional quality of the staff. They make me feel so welcome upon each return visit, they ask about my uncle - they really care about my well-being. That is so rare these days. Rob (the hotel manager), Holly,Toni, Jasmine, Agnes (I am sorry if I missed anyone) are all exceptional members of the Homewood staff, and will do anything to make my stay more comfortable. The breakfast and weekday dinners are a welcome relief to eating out all the time, plus a big money-saver. The rooms are also well-suited to staying for a weekend, a week, or longer with the kitchen facilities. If business or pleasure calls you to this area, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and the kind word. I will surely pass them on to the entire staff. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel is not fancy, nothing to brag about, but it served our needs. We planned a weekend trip to Philadelphia to do the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc...Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was actually decent (real hot food). My wife and I talked about if paying $20 to $40 more to stay in one of the downtown hotel would have been better...here are few positives and negatives about this hotel and it's location.
Positives
- in a quite/safe neighborhood
- its a suite, so have kitchen, sofa, little more room than your traditional hotel
- Good value for your money
- parking is only $5 per day

Negatives
- Proximity to downtown...traffic on highway 76 that you have to take to/from downtown seems always bad except for Sunday morning.
- Pool was okay. But they do need to do something about the pool deck...way too slipery.
- you have a beautiful view of the city if you can overlook that water treatment center directly in front of the hotel
- some wallpaper was peeling off and furniture torn, but was not overally noticiable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and the kind word. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Compared to other Hilton brand hotels, this one comes up a little shy of the standard for me. No wireless in the rooms (hard wire only). Breakfast items depleted at times (although it appeared to be a busy weekend with spring break). Staff indifferent at times (never mean or disrespectful), just not the super-friendly Hilton staff we are accustomed to. Very clean, everything worked in the room, and common areas very clean and well appointed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate your comments and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to use your comments to improve the quality of service that we are offering. We are in the process of getting WiFi in the guest rooms in the next couple months. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A great place to stay with every amenity needed for a business trip -excellent breakfast and cleanliness. Overall Hygiene was efficiently maintained. Very cordial and efficient task. Especially the General Manager and the front desk staff.
Yummy breakfast!!

I would love to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed on 3rd floor kings suite facing the reservoir. Choose the same if you like to wake upto gr8...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent 11 nights here on business and loved it!
The staff is excellent, they always made it a point to greet me by my name and ask if everything was alright. Toni at the front desk is a true jem, always made me feel comfortable with her warm personality.
The rooms are quiet, clean, and spacious - they certainly fulfill the Hilton Homewood Suites standard. I enjoyed having a suite with a full kitchen, which included a large sized refrigerator and dishwasher. But the best perk was the free daily breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thu, but with complimentary beer + wine!). The rooms also feature a safe for valuables.
The hotel does offer a self parking lot at $5/day which is about one block away, and its convenient.
Other room amenities I was thankful for were the comfortable bed, HDTV, wired high-speed internet, and premium bathroom products by Bath & Body Works + Neutrogena. The curtains are thick and effectively block out the sunlight. I was lucky to get a room facing the Belmont reservoir and enjoyed my view.
I was also satisfied with the fitness and business centers.
The location of the hotel is very good. Its practically on City Ave and within walking distance to restaurants, banks, grocery stores, and a large Target!
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Belmont reservoir for a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Spent 4 days here with my family and each day all the staff were very helpful and the facilities were well kept up. Pool was always warm and spotless. Close enough to the sights that we avoided long traffic tie ups.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!