“Good hotel to stay in (just outside) of Philadelphia” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Myrtle Beach
“Good hotel to stay in (just outside) of Philadelphia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel is not fancy, nothing to brag about, but it served our needs. We planned a weekend trip to Philadelphia to do the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, etc...Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was actually decent (real hot food). My wife and I talked about if paying $20 to $40 more to stay in one of the downtown hotel would have been better...here are few positives and negatives about this hotel and it's location.
Positives
- in a quite/safe neighborhood
- its a suite, so have kitchen, sofa, little more room than your traditional hotel
- Good value for your money
- parking is only $5 per day

Negatives
- Proximity to downtown...traffic on highway 76 that you have to take to/from downtown seems always bad except for Sunday morning.
- Pool was okay. But they do need to do something about the pool deck...way too slipery.
- you have a beautiful view of the city if you can overlook that water treatment center directly in front of the hotel
- some wallpaper was peeling off and furniture torn, but was not overally noticiable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and the kind word. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Compared to other Hilton brand hotels, this one comes up a little shy of the standard for me. No wireless in the rooms (hard wire only). Breakfast items depleted at times (although it appeared to be a busy weekend with spring break). Staff indifferent at times (never mean or disrespectful), just not the super-friendly Hilton staff we are accustomed to. Very clean, everything worked in the room, and common areas very clean and well appointed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate your comments and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to use your comments to improve the quality of service that we are offering. We are in the process of getting WiFi in the guest rooms in the next couple months. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A great place to stay with every amenity needed for a business trip -excellent breakfast and cleanliness. Overall Hygiene was efficiently maintained. Very cordial and efficient task. Especially the General Manager and the front desk staff.
Yummy breakfast!!

I would love to go back.

Room Tip: I stayed on 3rd floor kings suite facing the reservoir. Choose the same if you like to wake upto gr8...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent 11 nights here on business and loved it!
The staff is excellent, they always made it a point to greet me by my name and ask if everything was alright. Toni at the front desk is a true jem, always made me feel comfortable with her warm personality.
The rooms are quiet, clean, and spacious - they certainly fulfill the Hilton Homewood Suites standard. I enjoyed having a suite with a full kitchen, which included a large sized refrigerator and dishwasher. But the best perk was the free daily breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thu, but with complimentary beer + wine!). The rooms also feature a safe for valuables.
The hotel does offer a self parking lot at $5/day which is about one block away, and its convenient.
Other room amenities I was thankful for were the comfortable bed, HDTV, wired high-speed internet, and premium bathroom products by Bath & Body Works + Neutrogena. The curtains are thick and effectively block out the sunlight. I was lucky to get a room facing the Belmont reservoir and enjoyed my view.
I was also satisfied with the fitness and business centers.
The location of the hotel is very good. Its practically on City Ave and within walking distance to restaurants, banks, grocery stores, and a large Target!
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Belmont reservoir for a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Spent 4 days here with my family and each day all the staff were very helpful and the facilities were well kept up. Pool was always warm and spotless. Close enough to the sights that we avoided long traffic tie ups.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked two 1 King One Bedroom suites at Homewood for one night with HHonors points on a weekday. I was traveling with my family (two parents, sister, wife, me and our daughter). I chose this hotel for my family based on the reviews here, proximity to the Please Touch Museum for my daughter, size of the rooms and value (based on points).

We arrived around noon time and we were allowed to check in early. Toni at the front desk was really friendly and informative. Check-in was smooth. We were given suites on separate floors due to the fact that they only have one king bedroom suite per floor. We entered our first room and I was pleasantly surprised by how large the room was. Our second surprise was an open door leading to a second bedroom with a king sized bed and a second bathroom. I thought this may have been a mistake so I went up to check out the second suite to find the same thing! After inquiring with the front desk, I was told we were given a free upgrade! Since we already had the second bedroom opened in the first suite we decided to cancel the second suite. That was a great savings.

Rooms: The suite was a perfect size for my family. The kitchen is convenient to have although we didn't make much use of it. If we had a longer stay I'm sure we would have used the fridge for milk and to cook fresh food for my daughter. The bed was very comfortable for me. My daughter had no complaints either. My sister slept on the sofabed and commented that she slept just fine. My only frustration with the room was the central air. It wasn't digital and I was never able to find a comfortable temperature to set for the room.

Housekeeping: The room was very clean when we arrived. Someone from housekeeping knocked on our door to offer turn down service but we declined. He said he saw our "Privacy Please" sign but still wanted to ask. That bothered me a bit. We needed an extra blanket and it arrived within 5 minutes.

Service: The service at the hotel was excellent. As I mentioned earlier Toni was so helpful with directions and recommendations on activities and restaurants. The staff during breakfast and dinner were also very friendly.

Breakfast and Dinner: One of the keys factors to the value of this hotel for me is the complimentary breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thu). Especially because I was traveling with family. Dinner that Monday night was Chicken Parmesan and Mac-n-Cheese. It was actually decent. There was also salad, Yeungling on tap, red and white wine. I've attached a photo of their dinner menu from the month of September.

Breakfast includes scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, bread, pastries, fruits, juices, coffee and tea. The potatoes were a bit undercooked for me but everything else was good.

Parking: There is a one time $5 fee for parking regardless of your length of stay. The lot is across the street. You just need to get your ticket validated each day you park there.

Tips: Tickets to the Please Touch Museum can be purchased at the front desk for only $12 a ticket. This is a 25% savings off regular admission of $16. The last time I was in Philly I purchased tickets at the Independence Hall Visitor's Center for $15. They do not offer discounted admission to the zoo.

Room Tip: Tickets to the Please Touch Museum can be purchased at the front desk for only $12 a ticket. This i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and the kind word. I will surely pass them on to Toni and the rest of the staff. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed for a weekend with our 1 year old daughter. The staff was incredible! They were polite, helpful, and referred to me by my first name when they saw me in the hallways/elevator. Like others said, the breakfast is nothing to rave about-- but it was free and so we didn't have high expectations. We had a one bedroom king suite-- very spacious and perfect with a small child. Our only complaint is that the heating/air system was very loud and woke our daughter multiple times in the night...but they allowed us to cancel our second night without a fee and were apologetic, even thought it was not their fault at all. I would definitely recommend this place-- it was very clean, great location, $5 parking, and an overall great value. Did I mention that the staff was awesome?!

Room Tip: If traveling with kids-- definitely get a suite, it is nice to hang out in the living quarters while...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!