“6 star service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
New York
“6 star service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week, and the staff made me feel like i was a millionaire walking into my mansion. By the third day even the house keepers were saying good morning and good afternoon and addressing me by my first name. When a letter i was expecting was not at the front desk, staff member Toni promised me when i returned in the afternoon she would have located it. As promised the letter was on my table when i returned in the afternoon. This stay was by far the best hotel staff service i have experienced in my 6 years of travelling worldwide. If there was a 6th star option this hotel would rate it!

• Stayed February 2013
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My Daughter attends St Josephs University which is within a mile of the hotel. My wife and I stay over for games and other school events. We always have a great stay and look forward to going everytime. There are other options in the area but none compare.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel and General Manager Robert McDevitt deserve 5 stars for their gracious hospitality and excellent accommodations. Manager Robert McDevitt is friendly and helpful, and goes to great lengths to ensure guests are comfortable. There is free, delicious food (the chicken parm spread was impressive!), and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Thanks for a wonderful experience! I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share kind words and your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

A good location, friendly staff, clean rooms and good value with breakfast and dinner included for most weekdays which is a substantial savings over the adjacent Hilton with comparable or in some cases better rooms. Coffee always available. A major discomfort is the lack of wifi in the rooms and poor reception in the lobby even for cell phones.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

A third party chose this hotel for us, so we didn't know what to expect. It was such a pleasant surprise. First of all, it was extremely clean-the only issue I had was with a pan in our kitchenette. Every other pan, dish, and utensil was spotless. One skillet was a bit gross. I called Guest Services and they replaced it immediately.

The room was fresh and the linens were also extremely fresh and clean. We have a great view of the city skyline too :')

While we stayed here, a fire alarm went off. While I hate being awakened at 4 a.m., I was glad that their fire and evacuation system was intact. Everyone was informed and they took care of the issue.

Overall, I would recommend Homewood Suites. I plan on visiting again very soon.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. I do apologize for the pan as well as the fire alarm. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I understand some people are frustrated with having no wifi internet service in the rooms. This is something pretty standard in 2013. But for my laptop, the hard-line internet worked great. There are several factors that really blew us away at this hotel: 1. Service is amazing. Everyone always making nice comments and asking if they can help you out in any way. This was rare service. 2. The rooms are extremely large, clean and well maintained. 3. VALUE - with our AAA discount we only paid 160/ night for a two room suit. This was great to have our child in the other room (with pack and play) and us in the bedroom. 4. Breakfast is fantastic. We've stayed at homewood suites before, and this was the best breakfast for quality and selection we've every had. 5. Amenities, by virtue of being connected to the Hilton next door. You can access the Hilton's pool, fitness center, lounge/bar and steakhouse.
I would recommend this hotel for both family or business trips. The parking is not problem. Free on the street, Valet ($10) or self-parking ($5) are all good options.

Room Tip: The Suites with two separate rooms - living and bedroom - were fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will pass on your comments to the staff. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Poor parking and no wifi in the rooms. I carry a tablet for email and Web access instead of a laptop on short business trips. No Wifi in the room put me out of business after my late arrival. Unless you find a parking spot on the street in front of the hotel - the parking garage is far away.
This is my first negative experience at a Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I apologize that you had some issues while staying at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were inconvenienced by not having WiFi available in your room and that you found our parking to be inaccessible. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I regret that we were not able to deliver this to you.

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!