“Amazing service.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Amazing service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've never written a review before but had to write in about this hotel. I showed up at 8pm in the pouring rain by myself with three hungry small children & lots of luggage. Clifton & Jasmine went above & beyond to make things easier & to make us feel warmly welcome. Service all weekend was top-notch. The hotel is bright and very clean and food is close by. The hot breakfast in-house is an added bonus. Just a great overall experience--many thanks again to all the staff!

• Stayed January 2013
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. I will certainly pass on to Clifton and Jasmine. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Philadelphia - City Ave on New Year's Eve into New Years Day. This is my second time staying here which means I like this hotel. The first time I stayed was a good stay and this stay was even better! My friend and I got in around 1am and we were greeted my this very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful front dest clerk named Jackie. We felt so welcomed as she checked us in.She also acknowledged me as a Hilton Honors member. Although it was a "party night" there were no loud party goers and no noise going on in the hotel. The suite is very spacious and was VERY clean as were the common areas. The bed was soooo very comfortable. The kitchen had everything you would need to warm a meal or actually cook a meal, and it was a decent size! If you're lucky, you may find a parking space on the street, but if not, then you can park in the parking lot about 3 min walking distance from hotel. $5 is the cost if you park yourself. I'm not sure how much it is for valet. Complimentary breakfast is offered and it is very very good. Love the waffle maker! They have a variety of breakfast items to choose from.I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of down town Philadelphia. Very pretty at night! Side note: I didnt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back for a third time to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites while in Philly for a family function. Property is in a great location. Very convenient to the Main Line area and downtown. The suite was very clean, large and nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The great breakfast in the morning was a wonderfful way to start the day. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating. Would recommend to anyone staying in Philadelphia.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The property is adjacent to a full service Hilton fronting the large reservoir. The decor is attractive and upscale. The staff is attentive and answer the room phone with the guest's name. The one bedroom suite was spacious and very comfortable. The included buffet breakfast includes waffles and the managers dinner (MO-TH) includes wine, beer. ice tea. lemonade. There is on street parking or $5.00 per day in an attended parking lot.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the reservoir. Rooms 01 and 02 have corner views south and west to down t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My stay at Homewood is always refreshing and easy going. The staff on all levels are respectful and extremely kind. The sincere welcome they show their guests makes it very hard to leave.:) I should know because I stayed at the Homewood on City Ave almost 2 years once while on business. So now if I just want to kick back and leave personal worries behind I may check in for night just do me and feel absolutely spoiled. By far, the number one hotel in US.:) Agnes in the dining area is tottaly inviting while serving dinner every evening. Her cheer is almost contagious. Robert, Toni, and Jakki are delightful. There is never a time when the family (staff) are too busy to acknowledge me and my needs. I travel for a living and have stayed at many hotels but nothing compares to you. Thank you for your sincere care for my wellbeing.

Sincerly.

Stephanie

Room Tip: Try the filet mignon
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. Thank you for the comments, I will surely pass them on to everyone. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here as a starting point for our New Years eve events. Location provides convenient access to Center City and Old Town. Parking is less expensive than any center city location. Hotel has a great breakfast and evening reception. Staff are very cordial. Rooms are large sized with a comfortable bed for 6'1or larger person. Only downside was uneven water flow on upper floor. Great place if you are traveling with children.

Room Tip: Higher floors are my preference.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on 11/16 to attend a birthday party and were not disappointed. Compared to the other hotels we researched, the price was nice and parking was extremely reasonable. The room was a nice size and check in was pleasant. There were only two negatives. Parking was not inside the building but a very short walk away and the shower pressure was very low. Other than that it was not bad and I would most likely stay here again, especially if on a budget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!