“Home away from home....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
NC
“Home away from home....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Remarkable-- a serendipity find in Philly. From the first moment with the front desk staff, the spacious yet comfy room, and included meals-- what a remarkable place. Everyone was helpful, the room had everything for a comfortable stay-- even a ceiling fan- how did they know? The staff was stellar, going out of the way to provide helpful directions and provide a hearty welcome and support during the stay. Full breakfast, and a tasty dinner. What a concept! This is definitely "Hotel Possible!"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wynnewood, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

When my parents visit Philadelphia they always stay at this Homewood Suites. After my last stay, I know why they do.

After Sandy, like many people, we were without power. I had booked a long stay at the Homewood Suites just in case this occurred and was very glad I proactively made the reservation. I have to admit I expected the place to be swamped, not get the room I wanted and totally didn't expect to get all the normal HHonors treatment. I was pleasantly surprised that this was an overall excellent stay.

I called in the morning to see when we could check in and Toni was super helpful. She let me know our room was ready, power was on and we could head over any time. When we arrived Toni remembered me from the phone and got us checked in quickly. I even had my room preferences honored and my amenities waiting for me. The room was a pretty normal Homewood Suites studio room. Everything was very clean and the kitchen was fully stocked with all the pots, pans and accessories we might need.

The hotel also offers use of the next door Hilton's pool and gym facilities. The pool was being used by a bunch of happy kids and the gym was pretty nice as well. The weekday dinners offered at Homewood Suites are always nice and it was great to be able to have a few beers and a hot meal without leaving.

Upon checkout Toni was super friendly and we had no problem cancelling the extra days I had booked in case it took longer to get our power back.

The staff at this hotel really do a great job of keeping the place running smoothly and making all their guests comfortable. If you don't mind being a bit further from downtown or want to be out closely to the suburbs, this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spend over 150 nights on the road and this is one of my favorite places to stay. I stayed at the Homewood Suites City Avenue for 5 nights in October 2012 and found it to be an excellent hotel and good value for the area when you consider all that you get. The rooms are much larger than your typical hotel room with a kitchen area, a place to eat and separate area to relax or work. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and no noise from the street or neighbors. The exercise facility is nice (3 treadmills, 2 elliptical, bike & some free weights) and an indoor pool which is shared with the adjoining Hilton Hotel. The hot breakfast and free weekday dinners were excellent and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful……always there with a smile and a warm welcome home upon entry. The only negative comment is that I couldn't get wifi in my room and the wired internet connection can be a bit slow. I'm already looking forward to my visit next month.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the city skyline
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Morrison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

With all the good things I have to say about this hotel, this write-up will probably sound like a paid endorsement, but it isn't. I stayed in the Homewood Suites City Avenue for 5 nights in October 2012 and found it to be an excellent hotel in every respect. I was on the 6th floor with a great view of the Philadelphia skyline, in a room free of traffic noise and noise from neighboring rooms. The hot breakfast and free weekday dinner were excellent; there is also free beer or wine with dinner. The #44 bus, which takes you to downtown (including City Hall and Independence Hall) stops about a block and a half away and takes about 30 minutes. There's a $5 parking charge for parking in the lot across the street, but I always found free, unrestricted parking on the street.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful, both in the food service area and at the front desk. The rooms are comfy and quiet and each room has independently controlled heating/air conditioning.

The only downside of this hotel is that there is no wifi in the rooms. The rooms have free wired access, but no wifi. To use wifi you have to go to the hotel lobby or dining room, but there is comfortable seating there.

Room Tip: There are 12 floors, so try an upper floor for the best views of the Philadelphia skyline
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cromwell, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

There's a lot to like about this Homewood Suite! We used it for a family trip to Philly.

Location is outside in the suburbs but still near some good family attractions: Philly Zoo, Please Touch Kids Museum, and a nice park with several attractions. The ride downtown was quick and easy both ways (timed off rush-hour). They served breakfast every morning and the quality was pretty good. The dinners during the week were just 'OK', served with wine and Yuengling on tap (mmm). Vanessa at the front desk was a total charmer on night shift! Parking (self) was a few steps away and convenient! (The hotel did not charge us for this stay $5/night, we used it for 3 nights, not sure if that was an oversight or not). The rooms have full kitchens and there is a small store at the front desk and a grocery only a few minutes drive away. Room service was just OK. Full laundry worked well. Price was a bit high though = $200/night including all taxes.

Overall, I would use this again for such a trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mt gretna pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed at lots of Homewoods recently. This is one of the nicest. Desk staff is unusually pleasant. The amenities are exceptional. Good furnishing. Clean rooms. Parking is a little inconvenient, but, workable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The people that work here are wonderful. Especially at the Front Desk (Toni and others). Plus, the Valet Parking attendant, Ojomo also carried my luggage to my room. That is something I have never seen before at a Homewood.
Now, the differences between this one and the other 2 I have stayed in are HUGE.
Number one, you PAY for parking here unless you can find a space on the street. The meals are smaller than the meals served in Edgewater, NJ and Hagerstown, MD. The dinners are not really appealing to me and selection is basic. Breakfast is also smaller as in the bagels and carbohydrate selection.
The rooms are quite different also. I would say that the rooms and hallways need a new overhaul. A bit shabby, albeit comfortable.
I don't even know how much I am paying, but I am certain it needs to be less than 199$/night.
I am just so shocked at the many aesthetic differences , even in the lobby area which is quite bland and almost hospital-like.
Interestingly, however, their business room has more computers and printers and more seating.
I think I would stay here again even though there are so many little differences between this one and the other 2. And the reason I would stay here again: the Staff. Very friendly and accommodating and it just makes it so nice when you see friendly, warm people everyday. There is a feeling of safety here and I love that. Just lovely.

Room Tip: Room 615 has a very ice view of downtown Philadelphia and a resevoir with ducklets right outside the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and appreciate your business. I apologize that you had some issues while staying at our hotel. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. Our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I regret that we were not able to deliver this to you.

Again, I thank you for your review and if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our guests. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!