“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Poquoson, Va
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just spent the weekend at the Homewood Suites on City Ave. after debating whether to be downtown or not. I was glad to find out that the reviews on Tripadvisor did not steer me wrong. Everything was clean and up to date in the room (we had a 2 room suite so we could have 2 bathrooms for our teenagers). The complimentary breakfast had an excellent selection of yogurt, waffles, fruit (fresh strawberries!) and hot items like eggs & turkey sausage. All the staff at the breakfast station were cheerful and responsive when anything ran out. I cannot say enough about the girls that worked there as they were great even clearing our plates! I was really glad that we picked this hotel and did not spend the extra parking money to stay downtown. The only complaint we had was due to some noisy neighbors late at night but a call to the front desk resolved it immediately. By the way, the complaints about the parking lot being far away were not true unless you are an invalid - it is less than a block from the hotel and one night we even found on street parking. All in all this was a great property to stay at and everyone there made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Tihs hotel sits in West Philadelphia near the city line. It is joined with a Hilton and they share an accessway, the pool and the exercise room. The exterior facade is pleasing to the eye and the same goes for the interior. They're doing a complete renovation to the the guest areas and they did a nice job choosing the colors and finishes. I had a 1 bedroom corner room overlooking the man made resevoir. It almost made you forget you were in the middle of a city. Almost. The interiors to the room were nice and fairly new. The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise. It was very edible. The desk staff was extremely helpful so kudos to them. The workout room was well appointed with treadmills, bikes and dumbells. The parking is a bit of a walk but I found street parking very close to the hotel. Overall a very nice stay. I would recommend.

Room Tip: Find one overlookng the resevoir.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I only had one night at this hotel, but it was exceptional. Very large corner room with nice view. Everything was spotless and new. There are many food options nearby. I chose to bring a sandwich back from Potbelly and enjoy it in the room. I would recommend street parking to avoid having to get your ticket stamped each time you use the parking lot. The lobby and breakfast area are nicely decorated. There was a good selection for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Awesome service and rooms however went to breakfast around 9am on Sunday and all breakfast items were scarce... If you are on weight watchers that may be the thing to do. Cold eggs also... Go back to military MRE's.

• Stayed January 2012
Pittsburgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The company I had worked for sent me to another branch office for three days to assist them and booked me this Hotel. This Hotel is absolutely wonderful! The room was large, extremely clean with a wonderful view, and had all the comforts of home. If i ever need to travel to this area of Philadelphia again I know where I'm staying!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Please don't believe the hype of the excellent to good reviews because they are probably being written by the hotel staff at this particular location. I recently stayed at this hotel on 12/3/2011 and I am a gold hilton honors member. Let me tell you, the service at this location is non-existent, no room service, no valet or parking service, no respect from the staff at the hotel and when I addressed my issues with the hotel manager, she didn't want to speak to me face-to-face unless security was present. Scared of little old me??? Wow. Anyway, my experience at this hotel was not pleasant and I was inconvenienced by engineering multiple times and had to go off premise in order to get a meal. There buffet breakfast hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. so don't plan to be in your room late because they will try to snatch it from you when you go to breakfast. Check out suppose to be at noon but the housekeepers discourage you staying until then with all of the noises they make at 7:00 a.m. waking up all of the guests. I stayed at better Hilton hotels than this particular one. Go elsewhere. Room wasn't cleaned properly either.

Room Tip: None of there rooms at this location are really suites. There are some better hilton suite hotels...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Carmen S,

I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel. The Homewood Suites Philadelphia does not offer Valet Parking, nor do we offer Room Service as there is no onsite restaurant. If you were led to believe otherwise prior to your stay or at any point during your welcome experience, I am truly sorry. Complimentary breakfast is served from 6:30am through 9:30am 7 days each week. We also offer an extensive complimentary dinner Monday through Thursday from 5pm until 7pm. I checked our website to confirm accuracy, and the correct hours are posted. The challenges you mentioned with our staff and housekeeping have been addressed. I appreciate your feedback; please let me know if you would like to speak further.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is our second stay at this property and WOW is all I can say! They have redone the entire hotel from floor to ceiling and everything is BEAUTIFUL! It looks like a very upscale hotel for a very reasonable price. The customer service is 5 star! Marcus and Vanessa at the front dress were so kind and friendly (they remembered us from our last stay)! Great breakfast in the morning! This hotel is very close to the Zoo and Please Touch Museum. Also, down the street you can find Target, Starbucks and restaurants. We had no trouble finding free on street parking but the parking lot is only $5 a short walk away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 6, 2011

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!