“Very nice place to stay-Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very nice place to stay-Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed at this Hotel for one night. I was a little apprehensive after reading other reviews, but everything was great with our stay. Nice room with a view of downtown Philadelphia and two comfortable beds. The breakfast was excellent with great service from the two employees taking care of the dining area. One of the best free breakfasts that I have ever had.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of downtown
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadalphia City Avenue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed for three days here in a king suite and had a very pleasant stay overall. The reception area, dining area, and guest rooms were new-looking and stylishly appointed. Comfortable bed, nice linens. The kitchenette was spotless, contained full-size refrigerator, electric cookstove, microwave, dishwasher, and was fully equipped with dishes, silverware, pots and utensils, all in great condition. Sitting area with sofa, armchair, coffee table. Cute little dining area. Felt more like a nice mini-apartment than just a hotel room -- we liked that. The staff are super-nice! Whenever we called down to the desk for something we needed, the response was courteous and very prompt. Hot breakfasts were tasty and varied, lots of options, including hot oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, and breakfast meats, yogurt, fresh fruit (pineapple, melon, strawberries, apples), make-your-own waffles, pastries, granola, etc.
The friendly dining room staff kept everything immaculate and were continually going around clearing away dishes, replenishing food, greeting guests and asking if there was anything they needed. Pool area was small but attractive and very clean. Fitness room was small but well-equipped and also very clean. Self-parking in the open lot across the street is only $5/day with in-and-out privileges, but we were able to find free parking in the street close to the hotel. Convenient access to Center City Philadelphia. All in all, a comfortable, attractive, well-run hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites-Philadelphia City Avenue.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The lobby seems to have gotten a relatively recent face-lift and seems like the rooms are waiting their turn! Bathroom/kitchenette in room seemed fresher than the rest of the room. Carpets were extremely dingy and need to be pulled up and replaced right away. Tried to avoid touching them with bare feet!

Free breakfast was good, though the sharp 9:30 end time for the weekend seemed extreme...perhaps starting a little later and ending a little later might work best for the weekend crowd.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Our entire lobby was renovated in the last 90 days, and I am pleased to say that our guest room renovation is currently underway. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Philadelphia soon. Based on the extremely positive feedback we have received regarding our renovation, I am confident that your next experience will exceed your expectations.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

When you travel every week for Business it is so nice to have a nice staff at your hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites soon!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I must say this hotel was a little "off the beaten path". Not much really within walking distance (If u dont like to walk). The bus stop was right in front of the hotel though, and a very quick ride into downtown. The hotel was very clean; The breakfast was great, and dinner was even better. We were happily surprised about dinner since we were not expecting anything else complimentary. But... I must say that the most memorable thing about my trip will definitely be the staff. Vanessa at the front desk was so friendly and helpful with everything I needed. Toni was great as well. The general manager (Cant remember the name right now) I think it was Dermitt... was very "hands-on" and always around. He was behind the front desk at times, and we even saw him helping out with breakfast the next morning "hi-fiving" our server. I have worked in the hotel industry for 17 years and my GM never hi-fives anyone!!! I felt the staff was very at home and happy. It was very pleasing.!!! It sucks to go on vacation and see the staff with sour pusses all around you. This was awesome!! My compliments to the GM who seems to be doing something right to keep these people happy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone...GREAT PLACE!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites City Ave for one night. This is my first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I was impressed. My grandson and I checked in late after a long day at our family reunion. Needless to say we were very tired. The clerk at the front desk was very friendly and inviting. She got us checked in and made us feel very welcomed. The exterior and lobby was very clean! The rooms have king size beds and then there is a sleeper sofa. The kitchen was a good size for a hotel. It even has a full size refrigerator! It's like having a small apartment. The suite was clean with the exception of a few cobwebs and stains on carpet. The hotel is located near a lot of stores and restaurants that are in walking distance. I think my only complaint would be that w had to wait like 30 minutes for linen for the sleeper sofa. I think that they should be stored in the suite. They offer complimentary breakfast, but we didn't take advantage of it. I would stay here again, but I think that I would ask for sleeper linen when I'm making the reservation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HWSPHILADELPHIA, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As we continue renovating our hotel I am confident that your experiences will only get better. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites soon.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We thought we were safe with hilton product but it appears this franchise hotel is not up to par. I would recommend any other in the area besides this one. We even were forcedto take out complains ot the General Manager who has to date avoided all our calls... guess that says it all...definitely not a place to stay, bad business

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Robert M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Been to Homewood Suites Philadelphia? Share your experiences!