“Excellent steak” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #582 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cross street: Walnut
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went for lunch and it was pretty dead; not much if a happening scene but at least we got a table pretty quickly!

We had one of the salads (sorry forgot!) and it was good...

We shared a filet and strip for lunch and the steaks were perfectly cooked and very well seasoned. Obviously they know steak. They did it right.

My friend who LOVES the Palm in NYC wasn't overly impressed with the one in Philly but maybe that's a New Yorker thing :)

Overall, good steak but honestly not a fan of the decor...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Jersey
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Love this restaurant, excellent service, food is fantastic and like to eat here every couple of months. My standard order is Caesar salad with extra anchovies, filet, cooked rare, mashed potatoes with a demi glaze gravy and finished with a flourless chocolate cake.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“It's still one of my favorite places to go in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I grew up going to The Palm downtown regularly. I used to love looking at all the caricatures on the walls of all the Philadelphia "greats" and I still do, even as an adult.
The service is always impeccable- old school waiter training!

Last I was there, I actually remembered to use the birthday gift certificate they sent me for being a member of their 837 Club, so we were able to get a complimentary 3 pound lobster along with our Prime Bone-in Rib Eye Steaks. The surf and turf was perfect- the lobster was SO tasty- just like I used to eat in Maine and the steak was cooked flawlessly. I also love their sauteed mushrooms in addition to their infamous half and half -fried potatoes and onion rings that I "look" at only, since they are sinful.

If you love steak and seafood, The Palm is always an excellent choice!

“Double yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

OMG the size of the lobsters! Couldn't even finish The appy was yummy too. Water melon with mozzarella cheese and a Pesto drizzle. Double yum. Giant sides. What could be better. By the way wait staff was wonderful and helpful. I never would have ordered my appy if he didn't tell me about it. Am I glad he did.

Dallas, Texas
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I like the Palm. We sat in the bar & had salads, apps & bar snacks. Nice happy hour food pricing. Good value. Best wedge salad i had in Philadelphia. very good calamari. Interesting flat bread and tasty 9though small) crab cakes. Good wine by the glass selection. Good job! fun bar!

• 4 of 5 stars Food