“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marathon Grill

Marathon Grill
16th & Sansom, 121 S 16th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102 (City Center West)
215-569-3278
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marathon Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 16th and Sansom
Transit: Conveniently located only 3 blocks from the Broad Street Line and several major bus routes including: 2, 9, 21, and 42.
Description: Marathon has served the neighborhoods of Philadelphia for over 25 years as a family-run restaurant group. We serve well-made American classics, and strive to source the freshest food locally available to us, including from our own Marathon Farm in Brewerytown, Philadelphia. Our favorite farm to table items include our grass-fed Cheesesteak, free-range Turkey Plate, and fluffy Omelets made with cage-free eggs.
Seattle, Washington
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The place looks cool and the menu describes the dishes really well, enticing, healthy, light! When my omelette with smoked salmon and goat cheese came, it was not good...it was salty and mushy! My husband had an ordinary egg sandwich. Customer service was underwhelming too! I recommend Smokin Betty instead!

Visited September 2013

West Deptford, NJ
“Good food, tad pricey for brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stopped in at lunch with the family. They have a nice brunch menu with breakfast and lunch foods. Service was good, food was excellent. Son's orange juice cost as much as my beer .... must be some GOOOD orange juice. Otherwise I was happy with the place. I wouldn't go out of my way to go here again but would eat here again if in the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hypoluxo, Florida
“BRUNCH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went for brunch and overall was a solid meal. I had a bloody mary, green monster smoothie, and the eggs Benedict and all were solid. Service was good the servers were attentive but nothing out of the ordinary. The place was slammed and they seemed to be keeping up with all the tables. I would go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Good for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a fresh, tasty and reasonably priced breakfast here before heading to the airport to retun home. Brandon was an excellent server. The decor is funky and the restaurant was clean. If you are eating with old people (like my father) be prepared for them to complain about the "loud" music.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been eating at this particular Marathon for quite some time and I just realized I never reviewed it. I'm definitely a fan. I tend to have lunch here at least once a month or more. The salmon burger is delicious. I usually get mine on a wheat bun. The turkey burger is also delicious. It can be a little dry sometimes, but the accompaniments, such as the smoked gouda, applewood smoked bacon, apple mostarda and the apple slaw make it one great turkey burger.

I also like the fact that they serve breakfast all day. Pancakes and bacon at 3:00pm? Yes, please.

• Visited July 2013