“Great Burger!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dutch Eating Place

Dutch Eating Place
1136 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107-2956 (City Center East)
(215) 922-0425
Neighborhood: City Center East
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Great Burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've only tried the cheeseburger here, but I loved it, as did my wife and 3 kids, very good! Maybe breakfast or brunch next month.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
Cortlandt Manor
“Don't see what all the fuss is about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Walking through the Reading Market, I'm always surprised at the line waiting for counter space at breakfast time. Recently I was walking through around 9 AM on a Wednesday and was surprised to find only about half the seats occupied. At last, I could finally enjoy generous portions and good hearty homestyle cooking. Boy, was I ever disappointed. Ordered chipped beef served over a bed of steak fries. It was just gravy and if there was any beef in it, well you fooled me. And it wasn't even good gravy, basically just made right out of the jar. Even the coffee, though piping hot, was kind of weak and unimpressive. After the plates had been cleared away, I was still drinking my coffee when the waitress came over and said that she would give me a lid so I could take my coffee and leave. By this time less than half the seats were occupied and so there was no line waiting for a seat. I have no idea why she was in such a hurry for my departure. Very disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had a reuben and it was so good, I can't wait to get another one! The service was great despite being busy. The atmosphere was really cool too as customers were all talking to each other at the lunch counter. Very good experience!

Visited November 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Tops My Friendliest Place to Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place sells a great grilled ruben sandwich. No surprises: Tastes great but don't count calories.

On the super ++ side: You will meet people from all races and walks of life at the counter. Relax and enjoy your meal -- you will make new friends from different backgrounds and from all ages. It was great to see such diversity appreciating friends of all ages. This is America at its birthplace.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Scrapple scrapple, my kingdom for a serving of scrapple!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Last weekend was the fourth time I have eaten breakfast here, so thought it was about time to post a review. The length of (the fast moving) queue tells most of what you need to know. My perfect order is the bacon, eggs & scrapple, washed down with OJ and Coffee.

• Visited October 2013