“Excellent Meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria

Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria
1714 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)
215-735-8090
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pietro's Coal Oven Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Walnut Street Between 17th and 18th Street
“Excellent Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family and I ate during there on a recent visit to the city. It was wonderful. Perfect family place. The waitress brought the children's meals as soon as they were ready -- as a parent, I really appreciate when waiters do that. The pasta was amazing but the portions are large. My husband and I split the ziti and could not finish it. The staff was great and the atmosphere was perfect. I will return.

Doha, Qatar
“Friendly, well priced Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Good food mainly the pasta and tira misu. Pizza was also ok but not wow compared to other italian eateies. Blue Moon draft was superb. Very friendly staff. We ended up visiting twice in 2 days.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Very noisy Italian restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our server was Natasha, very pleasant and informative. Food was hit and miss. The fried calamari and Caesar salad were amazing as appetizers. Pizza was so-so, as was the chicken and fettucine dish. The veal parmiagana was good.

Such a large restaurant, and on a Saturday night, our party of five could barely hear each other let along engage in conversation just an arms-reach across the table. Definitely a drawback.

Don't think I'd necessarily go back again.

“Not for us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my husbands choice, he wanted a pizza. I had a chicken pasta dish. There was too much garlic for me and I hardly touched it. He enjoyed the strong tasting garlic on his pizza. Unfortunately, he had d & v in the night. Was it related to the food? The service was good very quick, lighting very dim I struggled to read menu, quite noisy and bustling. Would I recommend it? No.

Forest Hills, New York
“delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

great pizza / salad and beer spot. Great beers on draft and the pizza is so fresh and delicious. Being from NY thats not easy to find anywhere else, and I fully enjoyed every second of it.