“Treat your kids, and treat yourself to great memories!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Main Line of Philadelphia, PA USA
“Treat your kids, and treat yourself to great memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

For years, when my kids were younger, I would treat them to an afternoon of lunch and games and Dave & Busters once or twice a year, when they had one of those scheduled afternoons off from school. It was great to go on a weekday because it wasn't too crowded.
I looked forward to it as much as they did because you never saw such happy kids! I usually allowed them to each bring a friend, too, which multiplied the fun.
We would walk all the way through to the back room, and ensconce ourselves in a booth near the middle of everything so I could sit comfortably while keeping an eye on them. We'd order lunch and fill up their game cards generously with credits, and they'd play until lunch came. Then they'd take an intermission to eat, and then I'd let them play a few hours more. (I played a little, too)

It's good to establish some ground rules with the kids before going.
They knew their money limits, they agreed to eat a good lunch, they promised to look after each other, and they promised to check in often with me if I weren't directly with them.
As a result, big brother was great about looking after little brother, and they were cooperative about checking in at the table every so often so I could keep track of them.
Interestingly, the after effects of good will and brotherly cooperation lingered for many weeks after those Dave & Busters afternoons.
It was a great tradition, and we have lots of happy memories and great pictures!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

food good at the one in franklin mills and the games are so much fun. go on Wednesdays and games are half priced good deal. they also send you offer by email for deals and they have 2 happy hours. bowling plenty to keep you busy. recommend for anyone 10 and over anyone younger may have hard time playing games and reaching peddels

Visited November 2012
Elkton, Maryland
“Spendy, But Still Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Eleven bucks to park usually turns me away. But when you figure the alternative - parking on the street by the waterfront in Downtown Philly, I consider it cheap insurance.

The when you get inside, you understand that the whole venue is about spending money and having fun. The sticker shock quickly fades away.

The food offerings were amazing. We and another couple shared appetizers, then had separate meals. The ladies opted just for a cup (it's a bowl!) of soup, leaving room for desert.

We finished a great meal, and decided to play a while, and come back for desert. That's where we made our mistake.

You quickly become engrossed in play, losing all track of time. The tickets keep rolling out of the machines, you keep winning, and playing, and winning, and playing.

Even the worn tables (one bump and over goes your drink), the well work carpet, or the darker decor can't stifle your enthusiasm when you're winning.

My only real disappointment was that I had seen 'Midnight Bowling Alley's' on commercials for Dave & Buster's in other cities, and this location didn't have one.

But did we have fun? Yes. Enough fun to take the sting out of the prices? Oh yeah.

And here's the million dollar question: Would I go back, or recommend it to my friends?

You bet. I'll even drive!

Visited December 2012
New Jersey
“Great Family Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Its definitely worth the stop but be prepared to spend the dough too! They've got lots of gaming for the kids which enables the adults to have a break but it'll cost you!

langhorne, pa
“Big kids like to play, too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Being there is helping you go through your second childhood. Bring alot of $$$$ because the games are infectious--you want to keep on playing. I'd eat elsewhere for the food is Calorie ++++++