“Every day for the rest of my life.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Continental

The Continental
138 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)
(215) 923-6069
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #216 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Tapas, International
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: City Center East
“Every day for the rest of my life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Service was really great. My sister has a nut allergy and the kitchen was very accommodating. The Mexican salad was super yummy and I'd eat that every day for the rest of my life. Mozzarella sticks were cheesy and stringy. Thai shrimp tacos awesome. S'more had too much chocolate for my liking. Food came out too fast. I'd go back and take a slower time ordering instead of lining up all the dishes at once. Fun atmosphere. Shag carpet on ceiling-nice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Continental Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I went here on a Saturday night on a whim, we had no reservations and they had a quick wait (said about 30 mins, was only about 15). We never ate here before, but know of the restaurant and were excited to try the menu. The food and service were awesome! We ordered a bunch of small plates and were pleased with everything. Our favorite was the cheese steak egg rolls. Only negative is that it is VERY loud in here. We were initially sat in a room with a loud, drunk party (we couldn't even hear the server talk) but she was awesome and changed our seat right away. Other than that everything was perfect. We will come back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Always great, never disappoints. Great martinis and food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been eating here for years, think I had my first cosmo here. The martinis are always good, the food is always interesting and great, service is friendly and efficient. The front room, bar and tables, can be packed and noisy - good energy but cramped and loud. Try the bar in the back room - totally different vibe, not quite as crowded, and the bar stools have backs, a nice perk if you want to stay a while. There are also little seating nooks which are more private and roomy.
Great mix of people, hip and upbeat. Not good for quiet conversations but just a very cool place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shartlesville, Pennsylvania
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been here twice, and haven't had anything I didn't like, including mixed drinks. In particular, I loved the hummus plate and the voilet femmes drink. Super yum!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Potomac, Maryland
“Fun and retro atmosphere. Food was perfect, lots to choose from”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Honestly, everything was great, especially the swinging chairs. Not loud, cool decor, friendly staff

Visited January 2013