“Dinner and a Show” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victor Cafe

Victor Cafe
1303 Dickinson St, Philadelphia, PA 19147-6213 (Bella Vista / Queen Village)
215-468-3040
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Broad Street Subway (Orange Line) - Tasker/Morris Station
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Dinner and a Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been to Victor Café before, the last time being a surprise party my husband threw for me for my 50th birthday a few years back. I can say that the food was even better when we visited on Saturday night, April 6 with my sister, a cousin and a friend. We chose some specials from the menu Rigatoni Bolognese was spectacular) and from the regular menu (Veal Piccate, done perfectly). The house wine was delightful. In addition, the musical interludes were plentiful and magnificent, both solo and duet performances. What a unique establishment. Although Victor Café is not cheap, it is well worth the price of admission!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Operatic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was attending a conference in Philly and a group of us went to the Victor Cafe based on a recommendation from a local colleague. We started our experience by walking in during one of the arias.

They have a great selection of Italian fare, including choices for vegetarians. Everyone enjoyed the meal they ordered. Throughout our meal we were serenaded by the staff who took turns wowing us with their powerful voices. It was amazing to hear the power of the voice from our petite waitress!! The moment they rang the bell to signal they were about to sing, the entire place went silent. They each had a distinctive style and brought a unique feel to the aria they performed.

It was an enjoyable experience (food and entertainment) and I would definitely come back the next time I'm in Philly!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“A WOW factor of 10!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Going to the Wells Fago Ctr for a concert and needed a place to eat close and with some panache. Did I get blown away by the whole experience. From the moment you walk in, you experience the ambiance of a European cafe. Friendly greeting at the door, no wait for our reserved table, server very helpful in explaining the special drinks and food offerings of the evening but the best part was to come. The Ceaser salad was crisp, fresh and tasty. The wine was as suggested - bold and character happy. The entrees were presented well, colorful, very flavorful, and just right as far as serving size. Desert was a delightful Creme Brulee. Of course, during dinner the serving staff sung Italian opera for your musical enjoyment. What a fantastic experience for a special evening out. Valet parking was $12 but worth not driving around to find a spot in South Philly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“be prepared for a good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food was excellent and well priced. I had the best Mushroom soup that ever had ever in life. And, if you like opera, all of the staff who sang were wonderful. It was so much fun for a first date.

Visited December 2012
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
“Blown away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

From the old pictures, to the food, to the opera singers, Victor was the highlight of my trip. I was surprised our glassware didn't shatter from the opera singers! Amazing