“Excellent quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Friday Saturday Sunday

Friday Saturday Sunday
261 S 21st St, off Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103-4815 (City Center West)
215-546-4232
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Friday Saturday Sunday is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 3,727 restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Rittenhouse
“Excellent quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved that they had portions for a smaller appetite..the staff was super-friendly, the food was really, really good, though somewhat expensive..parking is almost non-existent on the street, so be prepared to park in a parking garage

Visited September 2012

85% Recommend
nj
“Swank It Ain't. Tasty it is.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The mirrored, cramped space reminded me of a poor man's version of a French Bistro only the chairs were different. The stairs to a second floor bar are too steep for older knees. The staff was pleasant. I Inquired about anchovies in the dressing of their "classic" Caesear's salad and was told it wasn't too heavy a taste." When the salad arrived, it had NO anchovy taste. The chef later told me he puts no anchovy in his "Classic" Caesear's salad. I sent mime back and had a Heirloom tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese, $9. A bit pricey for one slice of tomato and four thin slices of quarter sized cheese. I ordered the jerk rib eye steak which was warm but not hot. It was otherwise very tasty, slightly sweet and slightly spicy. I enjoyed it. My partner had and eggplant dish which please him very much. We enjoyed an inexpensive bottle of French wine. The prices of a great variety of wines range from $30 to $90. We splurged, calory wise, and enjoyed the chocolate bread pudding. One serving is large enough for two persons.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A neighborhood classic that has aged well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I have been dining at Friday, Saturday, Sunday since we were first married in the 1980s and lived in the neighborhood. It was (and remains) a great place for a low key dinner with a significant other or with friends. It has always been known for its wine values (a surprisingly low markup over PA's state store prices) and this (fortunately!) is still true.

On our most recent visit, we ate downstairs for the first time in years. The service was, as ever, attentive and the servers (including the host who helped at times; we had the attention of three people and no one responded with "I'll get your server" when the server was occupied at another table, she or he just took care of issue). The downstairs is somewhat brighter and livelier than the upstairs and is perhaps better for groups than couples. Despite being seated next to a party of "load talkers" (who seemed obsessed with bragging of their success and the costs of the items they bought), for the most part, the liveliness did not interfere with my conversation with my partner, only I learned far too much about the occupants of the adjoining table. I'd likely return to the quieter upstairs (same menu, same drinks, same service) in the future.

The printed menu consists of a range of dishes that should please the palates of most modern American diners, supplemented with a small number of seasonal specials. I started with a chilled pear and fennel soup, followed with the crab cakes and closed with blueberry bread pudding. My partner began with a cream of mushroom soup, followed with the pork loin and had a Grand Marnier crème brûlée for dessert. Everything was excellent and fairly priced.

For me, Friday, Saturday, Sunday offer very good food and wine coupled with friendly service at very fair prices.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Started with drinks in the nice and quiet bar upstairs. Had a tasty meal downstairs. The service was great. We will go again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
“ole and showing age”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Tired decor and menu- the food missed the mark- the interior was drab and
dusty