“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Romano

Bistro Romano
120 Lombard St, Philadelphia, PA 19147-1602 (City Center East)
215-925-8880
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Romano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 3,843 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
Prescott, Arizona
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Wonderful Italian restaurant. The architecture would be worth checking out this restaurant on its own, but the food and service is also incredible. Located in an old granary building, there is a head piece on the back bar, from an old ship, that is amazing. Sit at the bar and check out the building before heading downstairs to the restaurant where you will be surrounded by rock walls and old world wood construction. Order a Caesar salad, which they make at your table. We had homemade pasta and homemade sausage dishes which were great. All of the servers really make dining a great experience. We had Brianne, who is a gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston MA
“Not a fan of the food..Great atmosphere, Excellent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First I have to say we went on WOW Wednesday and the price for an appetizer, entrée and dessert was $33 which is an excellent price. I also need to say that my husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal. I had settled on the veal saltimbocca but then really didn't want to eat veal. Our server suggested that they could do chicken saltimbocca instead which is one of my favorites. Perfect. Unfortunately it ended up coming as two chicken breasts, overcooked, with the sauce poured on top. The pasta that came with it was a saucer size plate of linguine with a dollop of sauce. For dessert my husband had crème brulee which was yummy but the white chocolate mousse that I ordered was just OK. I would not return, especially at regular (off Wednesday) prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“For fresh, Excellent Italian, Try Bistro Romano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

For an excellent Italian meal in a cozy atmosphere, try Bistro Romano. Near Headhouse Square in Philadelphia. The menu is filled with inviting options, from antipasti to a luscious dessert tray. As we do every time we come, we began with their delicious Caesar salad, which is prepared table side with the freshest of ingredients. Our group had a variety of pastas, all of which were delicious. I had a succulent slab of fresh grouper with a balsamic glaze and roasted asparagus. The wine list is extensive, and the dessert tray is inviting. We shared a delicious plate of chocolate profiteroles to end a lovely meal. We look forward to our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reims, France
“Outstanding dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I had a fabulous dinner. We started with the Caesar salad, which was prepared at the table and it was excellent. We followed with two of the ravioli. One with sausage and broccoli rabe and the other was a lobster. Both very fresh with great flavor. We concluded with the very nice tira misu. The restaurant was recommended by the hotel concierge and the entire experience was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Meh. Service is great. Ambiance is great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

but the food is just so so . I really wasn't overly impressed with the place for the cost. I guess if you are on a date or on a date night it might be a great place to go but I wasn't really feeling it. It was almost too formal for me. Oh and before I forget its really dark like bring an iphone flash light dark in your seat. I see perfectly find but found myself cozying up to the candle to read it.

Visited August 2013