“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rib Crib
6333 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144-1907 (Germantown)
215-438-6793
Neighborhood: Germantown
Philadelphia, PA
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wanted to be able to write a favorable review, inasmuch as I try to be supportive of local businesses (I live not too far away, in West Mount Airy), the family that has owned this place has a good reputation, and it's considered by some to be a local institution. Nevertheless, the ribs -- I tried the "short ends" -- were only average. The sides I chose with my platter were the smallest portions I can recall ever being given anywhere -- 1/2 cup containers -- though the collard greens were good (and I thought the sweet potatoes were only fair. Frankly, the best part of the entire platter, to my taste, was the sauce. I doubt I'll return.

Curiously, although I was the only customer, they insisted that I take a number when I entered.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Phila
“overpriced and lousy. When u see the pit u expect much better than overcooked, dry,cooked to the bone ribs.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

U get 2 sides w/ overpriced slab. The sides come in a container usually reserved for salad dressing on the side. It's not the usual pint or 1/2 pint that u get at most places.

• Visited November 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mmmmm.... Yummy ribs! Once when I was still a vegetarian and was desperately trying to study for a test my friend...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

Mmmmm.... Yummy ribs! Once when I was still a vegetarian and was desperately trying to study for a test my friend Alicia came over with ribs from the Rib Crib and I downed them. There. If that's not recommendation enough, I don't know what is.