“Go ahead, splurge!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fountain Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 3,739 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 18th
Description: A recipient of Forbes Travel Guide’s 2010 Five Star award, Fountain Restaurant has earned national acclaim and a strong following. Imaginative and impeccable cuisine is served in a warm atmosphere that features a view of the stunning bronzes that comprise Alexander Stirling Calder’s Swann Memorial Fountain. Fountain Restaurant is considered one of the city’s – and the country’s – best restaurants, having been rated the number one restaurant in Philadelphia by Zagat Survey, and receiving top honours from the Philadelphia Inquirer, AAA and Bon Appétit.
new jersey
“Go ahead, splurge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal. The service was excellent. Our waiter was knowledgable, competent and funny. The food presentation was beautiful and very tasty. It was a splurge but worth it. I especially enjoyed the artisanal cheese tray for dessert. We would go back for any special occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Renowned for Excellence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

A totally elegant and sophisticated site for special celebrations. Service is pristine and very responsive---food is excellent as always. The setting is lovely and makes you forget you are in the city. Highly recommended, but you must be willing to spend a lot! (Example--more than $100.00 for lunch for two people--double the price for dinner)
Very memorable for special occasions.

Visited May 2012
Aldan, Pennsylvania
“Excellent dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I dined here recently after it received a glowing review in one of the Philly papers, and we were not dissappointed! The food was incredible, the service was top-notch, and we were even visited by head Chef DiStefano, who couldn't have been nicer or more gracious in answering all of our questions! A little on the pricey side, but for food, ambiance and service like this, it's worth it! This was a great dining experience, and we will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

i ordered a simple chicken parm and it was dusgusting had no taste. the best part of my meal was the hot bread and butter. and the new york cheese cake. the server was great as well and offered my table a glass of complimentary wine which doesnt usually happen, and she also had the cooks put hershey syrup on my cheesecake since they had no toppings for it. my dessert and my bread was delicious. dont think id go there again though because it wasnt worth the money i paid.

Visited June 2012
South Jersey
“One of the best meals I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The service and the food were top notch! We sat by the window and had a beautiful view. The restaurant was cozy and quiet and the service could not have been better. Although I was not very hungry when I arrived I ate everything except for all of my last course because I was so full. The waiter saw that I hadn't eating much of it and asked if it was OK and did I want another dish to replace it if I didn't like it. I've NEVER been offered that at any restaurant before...and I've been to many fine restaurants!

Visited May 2012