“My favorite standby place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Devon Seafood Grill

Devon Seafood Grill
225 South 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6141 (City Center West)
215-546-5940
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Chancellor & Walnut
Description: With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood Grill crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for weekday lunch, dinner & Sunday Brunch.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My favorite standby place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are a lot of great restaurants in Philadelphia, but Devon is one of my favorites for several reasons. It is on Rittenhouse Square and if you stay in the upstairs room, you have a great view of the park. The bar is a good place to hang out and they have great happy hour prices. A nice crowd of people go there. There prices are more moderate than the other restaurants on the square. On a nice day, I love the outside seating. I feel very comfortable there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Service good food excellent. Everything was lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my first visit took my mother for lunch very nice people they make you feel sooo welcome
Everything was good anxious to go again the food was kick ur shoes off twinkle ur toes Goood. The best

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Great Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a delicious lunch at this gem of a seafood restaurant. Service was prompt and courteous. Be sure to try the Lobster Mac and Cheese . . . forget the diet for the day!

Visited December 2012
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went to dinner for my husband's birthday and were very disappointed to say the least. As we sat and waited for a long period of time, a cold, stale biscuit (one per person) was finally delivered to our table. I ordered oysters for an appetizer and I received 6. They were the size of quarters! My husband had the Tuna Tatare and the portion was tiny! For dinner, I ordered Red Snapper which was chewy and dry. My husband had Surf & Turf. His steak was tiny and the waitress removed the shell from his Lobster Tail so quickly before he even had a chance to remove all the lobster meat. For desert I ordered Key Lime Pie - it was a small individual pie. The crust tasted stale and it was soggy. The pie was bitter, not tart but so bitter that I only ate one bite. My husband had the Chocolate Lava Cake which was very small! The service was extremely slow. From the time we ordered dinner it took about 50 minutes to receive it. The waitress brought our check and included drinks from another table. We brought it to her attention and of course it was removed from our bill. We will not be going back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Medford, New Jersey
“Business Lunch in Rittenhouse Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Met with a coworker for lunch at noon without a reservation on a Thursday afternoon and were promptly seated in the dining room at a table. For a lunch meeting the noise level was low so that a conversation could easily be carried on. I ordered the lobster Cobb salad as my entree which was very good. There was a good balance of greens, fresh lobster, and dressing. I didn't think the sweet potato shoestring potatoes fit in the salad besides adding some crunch. I would visit again for a business meeting.

• Visited January 2013