“Definitely Worth A Try!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Indeblue Modern and Traditional Cuisine

Indeblue Modern and Traditional Cuisine
205 South 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (Formerly IndeBlue)
+1 215-545-4633
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Indeblue Modern and Traditional Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 3,843 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Indeblue restaurant and bar is conveniently located just blocks from Philadelphia's major theaters and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Dine with us and experience Chef Ramola's chef tasting menu, four courses that you choose. We offer wine pairing and draft craft beer flights that compliment your chef tasting menu. Happy Hour at Indeblue is 5:00pm-7:00pm daily at the bar. Enjoy exotic specialty cocktails, wine, craft draft and bottled beer and appetizer specials. Enjoy live sitar and tabla every Tuesday evening. Our Sunday brunch menu features traditional Indian breakfast and lunch items as well as omelets, french toast and wraps prepared with a touch of Indian flair. Specialty brunch craft cocktails are also available. We look forward to serving you.
Philadelphia
“Definitely Worth A Try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

IndeBlue is definitely worth a visit if you like Indian food - it's a lovely place, beautifully done and perfectly decorated. The service was outstanding and the food very good. What more to say?
Only to say they are very caring and careful of different diets - if you're gluten free this is absolutely the restaurant for you - and vegetarians too.
There's a lot just a block away if you're driving in to the city and IndeBlue's location is easy walking distance to everything happening on Broad St.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If you wanna taste Indian food with creative changes, this is the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been here a couple of times and have loved their food every time I have been here. Indian chaats are given a surprisingly creative twist here and I just love it!
The traditional Pani Puri with a twist, avacado dahi chat, is one of my favorites. Crispy spinach chat is my latest favorite! They know their spices and definitely know how to make you fall in love with their food.
I am a vegetarian and the menu doesn't disappoint me.
The ambience is good and the service is good too.
My friend loves their cutlery and crockery! You will know why I say this when you are there.
Their Masala Chai reminds me of India.
I would definitely recommend Indeblue to all my friends and family.

Cape May Beach
“Very pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Although our friends did the decor and recommend this to us awhile ago, we have avoided it, since I am allergic to onion and garlic and almost always get sick after eating Indian food. However, we caved for other friends who love Indian food. My plan was to just eat bread or drink wine. We did like the decor and ambience, although it was a bit loud. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I ask if there were any dishes without onion and garlic and the wait person said she would check with the chef. There were actually many that could be made without, so we all had the prix fix tasting menu and mine were sometimes altered a bit to avoid these things. I am so glad we went! The food was really interesting and delicious with complex depth of flavors. The initial bean soup had a wonderful high note of something like a kaffir leaf (I didn't ask). Mine was delicious as is and the others also enjoyed the onion/cilantro relish addition. Next chicken cooked two ways arrived, one with a pistachio light crust and the other with another nut - I think almond. Also nicely cooked, tender chicken with other spices besides the nuts, but not so overpowering we didn't noticed the nut flavors. Then we had a perfectly cooked lamb chop on a mash of perhaps chickpeas and spices. Wow! Perhaps the favorite of the meal - we all agreed. Finally there was something like a thick stew with lobster meat and basmati rice on the side. I don't know how that rice was cooked, but it is much better than the rice I can purchase to make at home. Thinner, more delicate kernels. I would have been happy with just that rice. The stew sauce was also so delicious though. The lobster was my least favorite, since it was a bit rubbery - thus overcooked for my taste. We generally never take desert, but it was included in the tasting menu, so the waiter brought one of each of the 4 choices. Everyone's favorite was the pistachio cake offering. I wish I could describe all four better, but they were all quite delicious. Another nice thing about this restaurant is there are so many vegetarian options. I will be back and have already recommended it to my friends.

Hammonton, New Jersey
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went for date night and there was nothing to complain about aside from it being a bit noisey. The attentive service was spot on. The food was well prepared and presented. We were offered a tasting of the 'soup of the moment' , which was pleasant and unexpected surprise. For appetizer, we had the dahi avocado chaat. Dinner was the seafood moilee (jumbo shrimp and lump crab meat) and malwani swordfish; both of which were cooked to perfection. For dessert was the banana nirvana, which was a perfect end to a perfect meal. If I had to take issue with anything, it would be only getting 1 piece of naan to serve two people for $3. I think they should have at least have two pieces. Aside from that, Indeblue will remain a staple on our dining out experience.

Montgomery County, PA
“Good choice on a snowy evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were on our way to the Prince Music Theater to see Chas Palminteri do his one man show a Bronx Tale when we stopped here by chance. One of us had heard of the restaurant and we decided to to take a chance and see if we could squeeze in on a Saturday evening. They were able to accommodate us without a reservation. I am glad they did.

They had a chef's tasting menu available that sounded very good an others near us were enjoying it. however, it looked a little to much for the three of us. We ordered from the regular menu.

Of particular note, I enjoyed sharing the the crispy spinach chaat with my partner.It was very good. I ordered and enjoyed a potato leek soup. That was followed by the lamb biryani which I also enjoyed. The lamb itself was excellent. Both of my guests ordered chicken entrees: chicken madras and chicken tikka masala. I tasted both dishes and found them very tasty.

Service was very good and the server explained dishes very nicely and made good recommendations.

The venue was very full when we arrived so it was a bit noisy. But, it was not overbearingly loud. The location on 13th street near Walnut and Chancellor made it convenient to theaters, the Academy of Music and other attractions.

It was a first time visit for the three of us and all would be happy to return.

• Visited February 2014