“Great Gastro Pub!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, PA
“Great Gastro Pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I really love Standard Tap - whether going with friends, family or just ourselves we always enjoy the food, the beers and the service. The first floor is first-come, first-serve for a seat at the bar on grabbing a table. On the second floor, there is another bar area with first-come, first-serve tables and a restaurant area that takes reservations - we have sat in all three areas and all have good atmosphere. They also have an outdoor area on the second floor.

The food is not your average bar food, it is more of a gastro pub and it is all great. I always look at the specials because they have interesting, out of the ordinary entrees daily: venison stew, rabbit cassoulet, boar dishes. There are also non-game choices, but so few restaurants offer those entrees, that I like to take advantage. My go-to favorite is their chicken pot pie which is not a normal pot pie - it is a puff pastry with filling of chicken and vegetables (not the usual saucy deep-dish pot pie). It is so good. My husband, who has a high standard for burgers, says theirs is one of the best in the city, but he also enjoys a lot of the daily specials.

Large draught beer selection every day, so if you like a good selection, this is for you.

Service is always attentive and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“So glad we went”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went to standard tap with a large group - teens and adults. It was a great meal and great ambience. The food was delicious and the beer was even better. Saw it on the travel channel a few months ago and had to try it out. I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

GREAT atmosphere and terrific beer selection. The food was tasty, although I wouldn't say the best I've had. But it's definitely worth a stop if you're in the No Libs area of Philly, which itself is a charming neighborhood.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laguna Beach, California, USA
“A brilliant brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Come hungry and leave happy! It won't matter what you order, but certainly accompany your main with a side of the habanero grits. Just first rate, down home, no frills, outstanding cuisine. The food is the center of the attention, the service makes you the center of theirs. Get there!

Visited November 2013
Billingsport, New Jersey, United States
“Unique food, always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been to Standard Tap many times and the food is always delicious and satisfying.The place is always jammed,but if you grab a drink and wait,a table or spot at one of the bars usually opens. Two of us went recently on a Saturday around 7:30,and after scoring a prime parking spot right in front,we were feeling lucky. Of course,not a seat available. We saw a small vacant table for 2 right in front of the kitchen,kinda set away from the dining rooms and bar.It was a busy walk-through for folks going upstairs and staff in and out of the kitchen. I did NOT want to sit there,but my boyfriend was hungry,so I relented.We always start with the octopus(yummy!) and I got the whole trout and he got the hanger steak and fries(our fav!). Both were superb and the table ended up being fun because of the continuous people watching and activity.Dont hesitate to sit there-I have a feeling its always open. The music is always loud and the place is noisy-not a romantic date destination.We also love the bread pudding or apple crisp for dessert.

• Visited November 2013