“Bar visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
10 South 2nd Street, Old City, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)
215-627-0666
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Market & Chestnut Streets
Transit: Phlash, Septa Market-Frankford Line (2nd & Market)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Bar visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The first day on the job, however skilled bartender was gracious, and pleasantly conversed with me while I waited at the bar for my three friends to arrive. My beer and guacamole appetizer with plantain chips were delivered to me promptly. Both were tasty. After my friends arrived, the bartender alerted us to the happy hour priced drinks. A surprise during my bar visit was the guacamole, which was prepared with pineapple and did not appear to have any cilantro. Since I enjoy eating cilantro I wish it had been included in the recipe.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review of your experience at Cuba Libre – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time and I apologize for the surprise non-Cilantro guacamole! We make ours a little differently and try to create our food to be as authentically Cuban as possible. However, it's great feedback to know that you appreciate the cilantro - we will certainly be discussing this in the kitchen!

We hope you return again soon, and thank you again for providing this review.

best,
marissa

Colorado
“Atmospheric, first rate service, interesting food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, very "Cuban". A server who was truly outstanding. And food that was unusual and unique. It made for a memorable meal for our first-ever night in Philadelphia. We had the all-you-can eat tapas menu on "Tapas Tuesday." They would have happily continued to bring us as many morsels as we could eat, but we didn't even make it through half the offerings. Some were truly wonderful (the wings), some we didn't like as much (the cheese/spinach balls), some were so unique (the tiny, tiny whole octopi that I honestly couldn't eat cause they were so cute), but all of it was full of tastes, textures, spices, and slightly unusual ingredients that made every offering like a little present. A first-rate experience!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review of your experience at Cuba Libre – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time and that you liked the Tapas Tuesday special - it's one of our favorites! We encourage guests to try it out, as it really gives a true taste of the different types of Cuban tapas we have.

We hope you return again soon!

Marissa
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Always Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second visit. We came on a Sunday for brunch. It appears to be a bit pricey but, it is an astounding amount of food. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review of your experience at Cuba Libre – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time and that you liked the tapas brunch, it's a great way to really try the whole menu and experience Cuban cuisine. We hope you return again soon!

Marissa
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently attended a business dinner at the Cuba Libre in Philadelphia. There were 15 of us that attended. I really liked the atmosphere at this restaurant. The walls were painted to give a open, airy feeling. The menu was authentic and the food was good. It was restaurant week and the portions were very small. I would not recommend ordered from the restaurant week menu. However, the food we did have was very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review of your experience at Cuba Libre – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time and that you liked the food. I apologize that Restaurant Week did not meet your expectations, but I encourage you to come in when this promotion is not occurring - we want our guests to leave pleasantly full!

I hope you return again soon, and thank you again for your feedback!

marissa
North Dakota
“Great people-watching location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Made reservations by phone a couple hours earlier for 6:30 pm on Wednesday during restaurant week. Our server Rita was excellent and made us feel so comfortable and well attended to. We could not have been more pleased with the taste of the food, drinks, and the service. It was pleasurable to do a bit of people watching as the folks walked along 2nd Street. We were seated by the fence next to the sidewalk in the open air and the weather was perfect. Loved the Cuban colorful vibe of the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience with us - we really appreciate it! Our Philly location really is ideal for people-watching. There's always something exciting happening on 2nd Street!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us during Restaurant Week. We hope you return again soon! We're rolling a new menu out this week, so you'll have to come by to try some of our new items.

Thanks again!