“Great craft beer venue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monk's Cafe

Monk's Cafe
264 S 16th St, Ste 1, Philadelphia, PA 19102-3358 (City Center West)
215-545-7005
Neighborhood: City Center West
Fraser, Michigan
“Great craft beer venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I'm not a beer drinker, but both my husband and oldest son are. We came here on the recommendation of friends, and the beer selections did not disappoint my husband and son. The food was pretty good; I tried the smoked trout salad, and it was excellent.

Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“The New Year's Day Stout Festival is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Normally I cringe if someone describes something as being "awesome. " but as I think of the afternoon spent drinking incredible first-rate dark beer with exceptional pub fare, I am reduced to imprecise language and the desire for more incredible beer. Monk's is the place. Go there as often as you can and stay for a long time. In other reviews I will be much more articulate, I promise.

Cape Coral, Florida
“The Best Mussels Anywhere, Hands Down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This little pub is my husband's favorite place for mussels. We used to live in Philly and he has to go back there everytime we visit town. We went for an early dinner on Saturday evening. There was a wait, but we found seats at the back bar and decided to eat there. We had the Ghent mussels with bleu cheese and bacon and another variety, Dobblekinder (?) not sure if that is the correct name or not, which had apples, carmelized onions and swiss cheese. I ordered the small pot and I bet there were over 4 dozen plump mussels with baquette to soak up the juices. I couldn't finish them all. My husband ordered a large pot and another couple with us split a large pot. There were no mussels left and the Belgian Beer selection is the best I have seen anywhere.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Beer Selection & More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Amazing range of beers - possibly the largest selection I've seen. Great menu - the mussels were perfect and delicious. A fun place to dine and people watch!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
“Hopping place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stopped here after Beer Camp in Philly. Great selection of Belgium brews. Mussels were delicious and service was outstanding! Our server was very knowledgable in the beer selection and gave great recommendations! This place was packed to the brim and he was handling it with no problem!

Visited August 2014