“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spasso

Spasso
34 S Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)
(215) 592-7661
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 3,481 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Streets
Transit: Train And Bus Stops 2nd & Market Street 1 1/2 Blocks Away.
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Not from Philly was there with a local client based on what I read here. This is a must eat at place. Soup to nuts a great meal with great service. Very reasonable prices too.

Philadelphia
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Spasso the other night for the 2nd time and had just as good an experience as my first time. Really good food, decent prices for that location (Front Street/Penns Landing area) and great service. Both times we got there early on a Friday night so it wasn't crowded yet. Server was helpful and attentive. By the time we were leaving around 7:30 it was very crowded. I recommend the Zuppa de Mar (or something like that!) Loads of mussels, calimari, two huge shrimp, squid and a few "chunks" of fish over linquine in a red sauce. I asked if they could spice it up a notch as I remembered it from before as being pretty mild. I don't know what they added, but it was perfect. I'd love to go again and this time would try something different.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the arugula salad and cheese ravioli. Service was excellent and they didn't rush our big group.

Visited September 2012
“Delicious food and wonderful ambience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary on a Thursday evening. We arrived around 6 pm and it got progressively busier as the evening went on. Our teen daughter joined us and she is a very picky eater. All she wanted was fettuccine Alfredo - we did not see this on the menu but they made it for her without batting an eyelash.

I started off with. A bowl of the soup of the day which was a white bean, kale and assorted vegetables in a clear broth. It was outstanding and clearly tasted home made. My wife and I both had the ravioli formaggio which was very tasty.

The wait staff was very attentive always keeping our drinks and water glasses filled.

This place is a great find on an otherwise secluded Front Street.

Well worth the trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Pennsylvania
“The Best of Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is awesome and that doesn't say enough. It's a must go to place for excellent food and service. The food is always good and the service and staff are friendly, helpful but not overbearing. Go, you'll love it and want to go back again. I never get the same dish because I want to try everything!

• Visited June 2012