“What was the fuss?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bec Fin - CLOSED

Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102-3001 (City Center West)
(215) 567-1000
Transit: PHLASH, Septa Bus, Regional Rail Suburban Station,
Philadelphia
“What was the fuss?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went here because I thought I would eat a fabulous French meal. The menu is limited and the portions are small. Even at $90 a person, I left there hungry and went to McD's to avoid going to be hungry. The reason it's not terrible in my review was because the staff was attentive.

Visited December 2012

langhorne, pa
“Goodbye old friend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The restaurant still maintains its' beauty but that is the only thing that is still the same. Not only did they loose Chef George Perrier; the restaurant lost the feel of refinement. They took off the door to the kitchen therefore we could hear all the noise of the staff, etc calling out orders etc. The panache of the waiters lifting up the plate domes are gone, too. Most disappointingly, the food is no longer as well prepared as before. The pastry cart which we enjoyed picking & viewing what is offered is gone too. You may think you're going to Le Bec Fin but it is not the Le Bec Fin of days gone by.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Horrible Service - Not Worth the Price Tag”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We dined at Le Bar at Le Bec Fin. The table of two next to us had been seated at the same time and had finished their mains while we were still waiting on our appetizers. We asked the waitress where our food was, and she replied saying "I don't know, I am just the messenger. I just bring the food out when it's ready." Then we asked to speak to the manager, and some person behind the bar came up to us and claimed he was the manager (clearly he was not). We then got a hold of the real manager who said he would take care of us and offer us some complimentary snacks during our wait. Long story short - no one took care of us, we were treated horribly (and in a condescending way), and the price tag was absolutely not worth it. For such a restaurant that prides itself on high quality cuisine and service (and we have been to our fair share of those establishments), it failed miserably. I would not recommend this restaurant to people. If you want nice food, you are MUCH better off going to Vetry (tasting menu) or Bibou (very nice, small BYO French restaurant).

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United States
“Elegant dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The presentation of every course is a delightful experience. The food is exquisite. Desserts to die for.

Orlando, Florida
“Inconspicuous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Behind the door I entered a new world and unbeknownst to me I made reservations at the Le Bar and not the restaurant. Dining by myself I did not want to dine at the in the bar area. Once we settled and I re-booked a reservation at the restaurant. I was seated and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner of Foie Gras and Cochon de Lait before the ballet.

Adam was great and kept a watchful eye on my dining experience and I will be back with friends to enjoy the chef tasting menu.