“Horrible Service - Not Worth the Price Tag” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bec Fin - CLOSED

Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102-3001 (City Center West)
(215) 567-1000
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: On Walnut between 15th and 16th
Transit: PHLASH, Septa Bus, Regional Rail Suburban Station,
New York City, New York
“Horrible Service - Not Worth the Price Tag”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We dined at Le Bar at Le Bec Fin. The table of two next to us had been seated at the same time and had finished their mains while we were still waiting on our appetizers. We asked the waitress where our food was, and she replied saying "I don't know, I am just the messenger. I just bring the food out when it's ready." Then we asked to speak to the manager, and some person behind the bar came up to us and claimed he was the manager (clearly he was not). We then got a hold of the real manager who said he would take care of us and offer us some complimentary snacks during our wait. Long story short - no one took care of us, we were treated horribly (and in a condescending way), and the price tag was absolutely not worth it. For such a restaurant that prides itself on high quality cuisine and service (and we have been to our fair share of those establishments), it failed miserably. I would not recommend this restaurant to people. If you want nice food, you are MUCH better off going to Vetry (tasting menu) or Bibou (very nice, small BYO French restaurant).

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
United States
“Elegant dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The presentation of every course is a delightful experience. The food is exquisite. Desserts to die for.

Orlando, Florida
“Inconspicuous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Behind the door I entered a new world and unbeknownst to me I made reservations at the Le Bar and not the restaurant. Dining by myself I did not want to dine at the in the bar area. Once we settled and I re-booked a reservation at the restaurant. I was seated and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner of Foie Gras and Cochon de Lait before the ballet.

Adam was great and kept a watchful eye on my dining experience and I will be back with friends to enjoy the chef tasting menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
margate, nj
“Top of the line still”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to le bec fin this past Friday for a family friend's 82nd birthday. I had been to this restaurant several times in it's prime when Georges Perrier was at the helm and really didn't have that kind of expectation, but I was really surprised how great it was! Service was friendly and detailed. Food was fabulous start to finish, and paired well with wines by the sommelier. The room is still beautiful, highlighted by those famous chandeliers. I really hope they can make it under Nick Fannucci, because it's great to have a special occasion place in Philadelphia like this has always been. To capture the magic of Perrier's Le Bec Fin just isn't possible-but a great goal to shoot for

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Disappointed with the new style & management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

While I embrace change and appreciate how competitive the restaurant industry is, I feel that Le Bec has gone from a dining experience that seemed effortless on staff, and now having bright but unseasoned staff. With such beautiful surroundings and the hopes for an elegant and special evening, Le Bec has taken a dive from where it used to be. The creativity of the food is commendable, but I preferred the old style consistency as well as the dessert cart filled with wonderful choices. The price of the meal wasn't commensurate with the experience, sadly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere