“Elegant dining” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bec Fin - CLOSED

Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102-3001 (City Center West)
(215) 567-1000
Transit: PHLASH, Septa Bus, Regional Rail Suburban Station,
United States
“Elegant dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The presentation of every course is a delightful experience. The food is exquisite. Desserts to die for.

68% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Inconspicuous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Behind the door I entered a new world and unbeknownst to me I made reservations at the Le Bar and not the restaurant. Dining by myself I did not want to dine at the in the bar area. Once we settled and I re-booked a reservation at the restaurant. I was seated and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner of Foie Gras and Cochon de Lait before the ballet.

Adam was great and kept a watchful eye on my dining experience and I will be back with friends to enjoy the chef tasting menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
margate, nj
“Top of the line still”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to le bec fin this past Friday for a family friend's 82nd birthday. I had been to this restaurant several times in it's prime when Georges Perrier was at the helm and really didn't have that kind of expectation, but I was really surprised how great it was! Service was friendly and detailed. Food was fabulous start to finish, and paired well with wines by the sommelier. The room is still beautiful, highlighted by those famous chandeliers. I really hope they can make it under Nick Fannucci, because it's great to have a special occasion place in Philadelphia like this has always been. To capture the magic of Perrier's Le Bec Fin just isn't possible-but a great goal to shoot for

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Disappointed with the new style & management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

While I embrace change and appreciate how competitive the restaurant industry is, I feel that Le Bec has gone from a dining experience that seemed effortless on staff, and now having bright but unseasoned staff. With such beautiful surroundings and the hopes for an elegant and special evening, Le Bec has taken a dive from where it used to be. The creativity of the food is commendable, but I preferred the old style consistency as well as the dessert cart filled with wonderful choices. The price of the meal wasn't commensurate with the experience, sadly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Brunch at Le Bec Fin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This past Sunday we had brunch at Le Bec Fin in Philadelphia and it was very special. The service and attentiveness of the staff alone made it special, but the food knocked the ball out of the park. I've never had salmon that had been cured for as long as they do it. It was delicately layered between thin crepes and cream cheese. it cut like butter and had such a mild yet flavorful taste and finish. My wife's salad with shrimp was great, but her omelet was so well done. I'm not prone to over the top reviews, but if you are debating a lunch with business clients or a special evening with your honey, go here. And there is a fellow named LeRoy, originally from the Caribbean, who kept stopping by and attending to us. Just so friendly and made us feel very welcome.

• Visited April 2013