“local cafe with great food and value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 3,724 restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International, Café
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Born out of Robert & Raquel DeAbreu's desire to create a comfortable, welcoming place that served great food at great prices; Sabrina’s Café opened in 2001 serving up now infamous staples like Stuffed Challah French Toast, The Barking Chihuahua, and their Huevos Rancheros. A great brunch spot, Sabrinas Cafe also features creative dinner fare that is just as impressive.
NC
“local cafe with great food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family is on vacation in Philadelphia, staying on Ben Franklin Pkwy. We walked a few blocks to Sabrina's on Callowhill--and we are glad we did. It's like a hidden gem. The food was great, the portion sizes huge, and they serve breakfast all day. We have a teenager who loves French toast--and she claimed Sabrina's is some of the best she's eaten. My lentil stew (the soup du jour) was amazing. The only disconcerting note was the fact that it's BYOB. The neighbors obviously knew, since most people were walking in with wine bottles. But this tourist did not. Oh, well, that is a minor issue.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Charlotte
“Bewitching!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My daughter took us to Sabrina's while we were visiting her at college and it was a fantastic Philadelphia experience. We sat outside on a beautiful October day, the food was amazing and the staff was terrific. They had Halloween specials which all had creative names and even more creative recipes. I had the Breakfast Chainsaw Massacre which was to die for. Loved walking around the neighborhood too. A must-do in Philly.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ambler
“wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sitting at their outside tables in the summer is always fun. The items on their menu plus their specials are always pretty looking & great tasting. Very creative---but not as good as Morningglory!!!

Visited August 2012
Florida
“Jewel of a cafe in South Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the Sabina's on Christian St. It was a weekday so the pace was quite relaxed. On the weekends it is quite busy with a wait that is well worth it. Service is relaxed, efficient and knowledgable. The food is served in large portions and is organic and fresh. And the coffee is La Colombe. My wife and I live in Florida and order this coffee for our home. We have previously had a great lunch here. And it is open for dinner.

Visited September 2012
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Even though I was not hungry, I had to stop at Sabrina's Cafe because I heard wonderful things about this place and boy it did not disappoint.

This place will be a MUST GO for me every time I visit Philadelphia.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere