“Good fries and beer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eulogy Belgian Tavern

Eulogy Belgian Tavern
136 Chestnut St, Near 2nd and Chestnut Street Intersection, Philadelphia, PA 19106-3009 (City Center East)
+1 215-413-1918
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eulogy Belgian Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 3,481 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Belgian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Second
Transit: The Market/Frankford Subway stops at Second and Market Streets for an easy one block walk to the restaurant. Septa provides a 42 & 21 bus that stops at Second & Chestnut Streets. Philly Phlash also tours all key Philadelphia locations & stops near the restaurant at Third & Chestnut Streets.
Phoenix
“Good fries and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Yes, it can be daunting to wade through the hundreds of beers to choose from but the servers are good at making suggestions. Their Belgian fries are very good. I wish they would serve them with a tastier dipping aioli. The two sauces the fries came with were bland. We also had the beet salad with goat cheese which was good but had a little too much salad dressing for me. We shared the Dijon mussels, again very good. They give you one (one?) piece of bread to soak up the delicious sauce. However, the bread was a “soft” French store bought baguette. A crusty loaf of Italian bread from the Italian market a few blocks away would have taken the dish up ten notches. Overall, this isn’t a bad little restaurant. The music was too loud and the bathroom was one of the most disgusting I have encountered in a long time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Beer, Beer and more Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Only go here if you like beer. If they menu is 8 pages, 5 of them are the different beers they serve. They don't serve ice tea or coffee. The food is good. I had they "award winning" burger. The meat was very tasty, but I thought the bun was cut wrong. I do not recommend this for family with children. I gave it 4 stars only because of the impressive beer selection - which is why a person would go here.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Frietjes were just regular fries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been craving Belgian mussels and Frietjes, so we made an appoint to try Eulogy. Prior to going, I reviewed the on-line menu and made my selections. Once at the restaurant, I couldn't find my mussel selection. The waiter said that the on-line menu was like 8 years old. Disappointed. I made another selection which was good. I think I was most disappointed by the frietjes. I was explaining to my friend how these were different than french fries, and when we were served, french fries is exactly what we got. They served 3 sauces with the "frietjes," but they were nothing exciting either. Overall, I would select another option if, like me, you're in it for the mussels and frietjes.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Get beer in the bottle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

As of 5/5/13, tap not clean. Delirium tremens on tap was sour and half flat. Plenty of bottled beers on the list to enjoy. Staff very friendly. Dijon mussels very tasty:)

Libertyville, Illinois
“A Beaming Euology for Eulogy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Reminded me of an English Pub. Great location in Penn's Landing, and a beer menu as large as the old NYC phone book. Wait staff knows their beers, and we ordered a big bucket of mussels and sauce. A great little find.

• Visited April 2013