“Very Chinese Chinese; good food at reasonable price” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,578 of 3,481 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese
Philadelphia
“Very Chinese Chinese; good food at reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This prominently located restaurant, right at an intersection appeals to a Chinese-speaking market;; special signs on the wall not in English.
There is a very large menu with a good selection of vegetarian dishes. There are offerings involving frogs, etc. that we avoided.
Our food was very well prepared but was nothing spectacular.
Considering the prices, this was a good deal for us.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Leola, Pennsylvania
“Avoid at all cost, plenty of other great choices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had to run an errand at Chinatown so I stopped by. The food was decent, but not as good as others have said. But towards the end I found a little dead cockroach in my dish, urgh, the thought of me eating most of dish... anyway, told the waitress who I think is the owner, and she accused me of planting it there and wanting to get free food out of it. I told her no, it was unfortunate I didn't see it till I almost finished the dish, but she went on to curse at me and actually threaten me that if I don't pay then they will do physical harm on me. Geez.... paid the bill and left.

I have eaten at many other establishments in Chinatown Philly and I must say they are all better than this place. The restaurant named "David's" something something is better in my opinion, and they don't threaten you physical harm.... I would recommend people to stay away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Local gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were in Chinatown, and decided to try this restaurant. They had a 'Best Peking Duck Food in Town" sign in their window. Usually, when I see such a sign, it means that the reality is the exact opposite of what the sign says, but it wasn't the case this time. I don't know if their Peking Duck is the best in town, but it was very good according to my standards. The skin had a perfect brown color, and was crisp, and the meat was very tender and juicy. The pancakes served with the duck were very thick, which was quite unusual, but tasty nonetheless. Sweet and Sour soup was also very tasty. The restaurant itself is very small, but very clean including the restrooms. The menu is huge so you would need to spend quite some time to review all the items. I highly recommend visiting this place if you're in Chinatown area of Philly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia area
“What a great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We've been to many restaurants in Philadelphia's Chinatown and decided to try one we hadn't been to--and as a result we have a new favorite! The flavors, especially on the garlic shredded duck, are excellent. The hot and sour soup is one of the best in town. And we like the variety of dishes that come with fresh mango.
Best of all: their lunch special menu offers over 75 choices of entrees, instead of the 10-12 offered by other places. Service was prompt.
The decor is basic, but that goes with the very affordable prices. We plan to go back as soon as we are in the area again.

• Visited December 2012