“Warm and Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
C19
267 South 19th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Cichetteria 19)
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spruce & Rittenhouse
Transit: Located in Center City, we have bus and subway at short distance.
Sumneytown, Pennsylvania
“Warm and Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Two of us met here to catch-up after a too long hiatus. We had some delightful wine at the bar (happy hour prices) which we enjoyed while bantering with the charming and friendly bartendress. We moved to a table for a bite to eat. Neither of us was particuarly hungry so we started with a cheese board consisting of five samples of intriguing varieties. Our server was nice enough to write down of the ones we particuarly enjoyed. We followed with Carpaccio paired with Arguletti with a horseradish aioli that was delicious and of ample quantity for us.
The atmosphere is most pleasant with wood features and subtle lighting (we saw some guests using their cell phone lights to read their menus!). The bar stools take getting used to. If you don't seat yourself properly you might slide off! This is a nice, friendly, and cozy neighborhood establishment.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Kansas
“Great Italian Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a special hidden gem in the city. The owner, Andrea, is from a town right outside of Venice. When he moved here, he wanted to bring traditional Italian tapas with him and opened this lovely restaurant. They grow their own food and purchase everything else from local farmers. It's a BYOB and they have a seasonal menu. You will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2012
Collegville
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and vntured out for our second dinner at C19. From the time that you are greeted at the door until you leave this place makes dining an excellant experience. The food is delicious, and I understand that they may expand their small plate options which I highly recomend, they are tasty, fresh, and inovative. Great ambiance, and if you go, say hello to the lovely Maria. This is a gem!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, Delaware
“Wonderful meal with excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I went to C19 in Philadelphia for an early dinner today. We had a TravelZoo voucher, which enabled us to have 2 starters, 2 entrees, and $25 alcohol credit. From the time we were greeted at the door (their first evening customers), to the informative explantation by our server, to the outstanding food, it was an excellent experience. The place is small but very warm and intimate -- just a block from Rittenhouse Square We are vegatarians/vegans, and there were plenty of delicious options. My husband had the soup of the day (mushroom) and I had the warm apple salad. The bread served with this course was amazing -- we asked for more and were gladly served. The wine list and beer offerings were great.. While my husband had a familiar beer, I was able to try a new wine. The entrees were outstanding. My husband had a vegetarian pasta dished filled with fresh vegetables and I had the vegetarian special of the day -- roasted brocolli polenta with homeade rosemary grilled flatbread. The servings were generous and we look forward to enjoying our leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Even though we live 60 minutes away, we'll be back for a special time out again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I bought a TravelZoo voucher for C19 and wasn't sure what to expect. It definitely exceeded my expectations. Our waitress was very nice and informative. I tried the Chai Spice Manhattan, squid small plate and chicken entree. Everything was unique and delicious. I would come here again.

• Visited February 2013