“Dan Dan Noodles” 3 of 5 stars

1228 Chesnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice 28 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #350 of 3,780 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Please Call.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dan Dan Noodles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I are huge fans of Han Dynasty, especially their Dan Dan Noodles. My husband stopped at the new Spice 28 and brought home some take out. The Dan Dan Noodles,Spicy Crispy Cucumber (another Han favorite) were very good as was the Duck Frijita Asian Style but some of the other dishes we had were not good at all. The Szechuan String Beans were tasteless and the Chicken Hot Sauce Style had a peculiar taste that turned me off. I think they may be trying to do too many different style foods. We wil stick with Han Dynasty.

Visited November 2013

San Antonio
“Cool modern interior, cool modern Asian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was in Philadelphia for a conference and part of the fun is getting out and exploring new places. No one in my group was feeling up for a night of wandering about. I found Spice 28 well-reviewed on several sites.

First, not every restaurant is OK with single diners. Lots say they are but really aren't. Spice 28 sat me at a nice table in the middle of the dining area which was nice. I was attended to appropriately but wasn't made to feel uncomfortable or anything like that.

I asked the waitress for her favorites and she did quite well. I ordered the mid-level sake (can't remember what is was called), the Ahi Tuna appetizers (YUM- the guacamole is a nice touch) and the chicken and tofu hot pot. It's a huge portion, be forewarned.

I wish I could have gone back to try their other dishes and bring my friends but alas, the week was too short.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Nice Place for Dinner or After Work Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice selection of happy hour drinks and appetizers. Nice variety of menu selections too. Good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pa
“Food good, but worst service I ever experienced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

After telling the waitress we were ready to order, she took 15 min to come back to the table to take our order. She was in the bar area making drinks and knew we were ready but continued to ignore us. I had to yell to her if she was still our waiter which she ignored and when she finally came over to the table she rudely said "what do you want"? My mouth dropped! I have never been asked What do I want that way not even at mcDonalds.
I wanted to walk out but we already wasted enough time.

The owner noticed and started to serve us instead and at that point things turned around. The wonton soup was very good, the Indian bread was just ok, spring rolls were nasty, Thai rice good, and mango shrimp was excellent. Gingerale was very good too for whatever reason. So overall this place has some good dishes and some bad but the service left a bad taste in my mouth most of all.

I would not return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, Maryland
“quick bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

ate here while at a meeting. restaurant very loud on a weekend night. considered communicating with my waitress by sign language at times. service quick and efficient despite the noise. I had the Pad Thai with shrimp which was decent. i had asked for extra spicy but it was only moderately intense. flavor ohterwise good and shrimp not overcooked.Waitress poured my beer without angling glass so I had to wait what seemed like an eternity for foam to subside. Price not bad

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere