“Perfection in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Perfection in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco with some girlfriends in March 2014 and we couldn't have had a better hotel experience. Where to begin...
Hotel Staff - From the moment we pulled up to the valet parking to when we checked out we were met with impeccable service and attention. The staff seemed to know what we needed before we did.
Decor - gorgeous, eclectic, very classy and tasteful.
Dining - we had brunch at the hotel's Red Owl Tavern - bottomless mimosas and your choice of fresh squeezed strawberry, pear or orange juice anyone? Yes thank you. Our waitress was totally loveable too and answered our questions about the historical buildings in the area.
Beds (very important) - I slept like a baby, I could spend the rest of my life in one of those beds.
My only critique is that when we ordered coffee in the morning it could have come faster, but honestly I understand things have to brew and if I had my way I would just have coffee intravenously fed to me in the mornings.
Overall, hands down, the best place to stay in Philly. I mean, I could see the Liberty Bell from our window!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Crickles2323 -

Sounds like a great weekend and it seems like if we can set-up some scenario where you can receive coffee through an IV in one of our beds, you'll be a fan for life. Thank you for checking us out, we hope to see you (and your friends too of course) again soon.

Regards -

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Turkish first
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place knocks it out of the park. Stayed here with a few friends for the weekend and had the BEST time! The decor is unlike anything I've ever seen - so quirky and unique. The service was outstanding and everyone that I encountered was so lovely. The room beyond comfortable, so luxurious (I felt like a queen!) and the Stratus Rooftop Lounge was super fun. Great location too! You can walk almost anywhere, including the Liberty Bell which is right across the street. I highly recommend Hotel Monaco, especially for a weekend with friends or for a romantic couples getaway. Don't forget to take advantage of the bottomless bellini brunch at the Red Owl Tavern!

megegen -

Thanks for visiting with your friends! Philadelphia doesn't have the best history with Queens, but we assure you it was only their taxation we had issues with, not with the pampering. We're all for that. Philly is a great walking city and maybe an even better drinking town. Excited you were able to take advantage of both.

Happy travels -

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

from the gorgeous decor to the excellent client services, I will only stay here when I visit Philly.
Brunch at the Red Owl was a highlight since they offer bottomless champagne with a variety of fresh juices.
The old city location cannot be beat since everything is walking distance!

Yanna F -

Hopefully you travel to Philly often if we are going to be your exclusive hotel partner. Thank you for choosing us this time around.

Best -

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here with our guests for our wedding weekend. The hotel was tremendous. Gorgeous rooms and impeccable service. It's pricey, but well worth it. We even had our farewell brunch here in the Lafayette room. Fantastic!

Room Tip: Parkview suite was amazing!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Gretchen S -

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We were truly honored to be able to help you celebrate with your family and friends. Feel free to celebrate your anniversary with us for the next 50-60 years!

Best wishes -

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I recently took a quick trip to Philadelphia and was able to book a room at the Monaco. I have stayed in 4 other Kimptons, and to say that the Philly Monaco exceeded the excellent standards of the Kimpton chain is an understatement. Clean rooms, great decor, wine hour a definite plus! I loved the city environment and I am a history buff. I had a good taste from a short walkabout, and I am definitely going to plan a trip to do more exploring. The best part of my visit to the Monaco was the staff--professional and personable, their knowledge of the city from public transportation to food choices was defintely helpful. Great job Monaco, there will be a return visit.

Room Tip: If I have ever had concerns or needed ideas about room choice, I always call the property and have n...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tim E -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco on your brief trip through Philly. Hopefully the return visit is a little less whirlwind and a little more leisurely stroll through America's most historic square mile. It would certainly have to be leisurely to read the plaques that are posted on every other building around here.

Happy travels -

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Checked in with my wife and the room was ready and waiting early. I mentioned it was our anniversary briefly when I initially called and they recognized it when we checked in. Later that night they surprised us with a cheese plate and bottle of wine. Incredible!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Twolf1929 -

Congratulations on another anniversary successfully remembered by you! I'm happy we were able to play a small part in helping you come back next year to celebrate (wink).

Thank you for choosing the Monaco!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great hotel and location. Very clean and nice staff. Very accommodating to our little boy. Location could not be better for tourism. Service could be ironed out a little in the hotel and restaurant.

I was a bit disappointed by our special offer. We booked a birthday package which was meant to include champagne and a gift. I had to ask about it on or second day. I never saw the champagne and the gift of a cheese platter was left in our room on Saturday morning so what not much of a gift by the time we returned on Saturday evening!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
JPandJen -

Thank you for kicking off 2014 with us (and a belated Happy Birthday too)! I am sure we just wanted to spread the birthday cheer all weekend, but could have been a little cheerier than a cheese plate. Next time you come back I promise we'll pop some bubs for you!

Best,