“The BEST hotel. Period.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“The BEST hotel. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I travel ALOT for buissness spending 2-3 nights every single week at hotels. A co-worker mentioned hotel Monaco in Seattle and I was happy to see it pop up in Philly for my last trip. I booked it having no idea what I was in for. By far, extraordinarily far, this is my absolute favorite hotel. Every book and cranny makes me happy and overcome with happiness. From the gorgeous black and white wallpaper, to the bold yellow flowers on my carpet to every little details like the dachshund on my chair, is perfect. I took in every inch if my room and just fell in love. I opened the closet and even then was taken aback! Robes in leopard and SWEATER!!!! How ingenious!!! I'm head over heels for this sweater robe and thought id order one online. Come to find out, this particular one is ONLY available here!! Looks like this puppy is coming home with me! I cannot say enough about this beautifully colorful, eclectic, fun hotel that really struck a special place in my heart! I cannot wait to be back, and for sure, hotel Monaco has a permanent fan in me!

• Stayed July 2013
Jessica L, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I think you have just won our BEST Review award! I've got the biggest grin on my face, because you have described exactly how we want people to feel at the Monaco. Our Rocky Robes will soon be available on our Kimpton Style website, because they truly are the best thing since sliced bread! Thanks for sharing the love!

Safe travels & come back soon!
Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Turkish first
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel Monaco is all about the Location. If you are in Philly specifically for American historical sites then this is the place. Get a corner suite so you overlook Independence Hall. Since it is in the middle of all the historical sites, we stopped there mid day for a rest during our visits which made the day more enjoyable. Beyond the location it is smartly decorated and very clean. No breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite as high up as possible (hotel has 10 floors). That way you can see Indpendence Ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Thanks for the great review, and yes our location is very conducive to the much needed nap time. I couldn't agree more. I did just want to note that Red Owl Tavern does serve breakfast, I'm sorry if someone at the hotel gave you the wrong information.

Cheers!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this weekend for a little getaway and we couldn't have been happier! The room was outstanding - not a "cookie cutter" hotel at all! Very stylish and eclectic. The service was outstanding - from the gentleman who parked our car, the gentlemen who opened the doors, the professional people at the front desk to the housekeeping department. First rate all the way! Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Chris!

You're right, nothing cookie cutter about the Monaco, not even our cookies! Thanks for sharing some great highlights of your stay. Hope you stop by again for a getaway!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was recently in the area for some concerts at the Camden waterfront and instead of driving back and forth to North Jersey decided to stay in Philly. I was debating between the Four Seasons and the Monaco, since they were about the same price, but settled on the Monaco.

I cheked in late Friday night after the show and a late night snack, so I didn't arrive until after 1 AM. The desk staff was courteous and ready to assist me. I was given a king room with a view of independence hall and the liberty bell. Although not much to see in the middle of the night. Got a great night sleep in a very comfortable bed and the room had modern, funky decor.
The breakfast at Red Owl Tavern was really good and our waiter went out of his way to take care of me due to minor a food allergy. Overall, another great stay at a Kimpton.

I do have a small complaints, but will still rate this hotel ith 5 stars. First off, was the valet. When we arrived there is no signage for the valet and since the street was full of cars I had to leave my car halfway down the block. Nobody told me to double park and it would be taken care of. Also, when checking out, there was a wedding at the hotel. The valet got inundated. We had to wait an unusually long time for the car and it was parked around the corner instead of directly in front of the hotel. In situations like this, the hotel really needs to make sure they have extra valets on hand. Even 1 extra valet would have made a huge difference.

My fiance and I got a good laugh since were awoken around 8 am by another couple screwing. They were quite loud, but at least they were incredibly fast (seriously not more than 30-45 seconds). Not sure where in the hotel they were since they weren't in the room on either side of us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here last night for our one year anniversary and to also attend a DMB concert in Camden. We had a wonderful night.
We parked in a nearby parking garage. On the same block. Paid $25 for 24 hours cheaper than the valet which was $40. First impressions, the lobby of to the right is really cool. The furniture and art is really cool. Sorry there's no other way to describe it.
Our room 732 was and we had a great view of independence hall. We wanted to day drink and have lunch so we decided to go upstairs to the stratus bar. But it was closed so we went to the Red
Owl Tavern. But they were in between lunch and dinner so the menu was limited. So the hostess directed us to another restaurant. We ended up not going to that one and ended up at a little hole in the wall irish pol. When we got back there was a note and a bottle of sparkling for "m/m (bfs last name)" for our one year from the concierge. Had a good laugh about it. We thought it was a very sweet albeit incorrect gesture. Thanks Brian!!!!
We then went to the stratus bar for drinks and a pizza. Very good pizza. Drinks were good. Service was okay. Wished there was a view of the area though. Bit disappointed with that. Went out. Had a great evening. And we slept great. The shower is nice. And I liked the sliding door. No lock though? Weird.
Overall we found a new hotel favorite!!! And will be back for our 2nd anniversary.

• Stayed June 2013
Everyone loves hearing their someone's favorite and we are happy to be yours! Glad to hear that you and your boyfriend had a great time celebrating, and happy Brian was able to give you a laugh. Hope it wasn't too awkward! Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Happy Anniversary!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel experience was excellent! While we had to wait for our room, we were given an excellent glass of wine to relax while we waited. Our room was wonderful with an excellent view of independence hall and the park!
The bathtub was extremely relaxing!
The concierge was helpful in making our dinner reservations!
The wine hour was wonderful with a watermelon sangria that was divine!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Love that you guys had such a great time! with us, and you are so right, the watermelon sangria is delicious! I hope you grabbed the recipe.

Thanks for sharing,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel I was so stressed because I lost my brother the same day I got there I was in my room full of tears... I was going to take my own life because I wanted to be where my brother is... I didn't know how to feel nor did I know who to call until I got a knock at the door and all I heard was the young lady say mini bar I opened my door as soon as I opened the door the young lady ZAKIA said are u ok and I shared my situation with her and she cried along with me because she shared that she just lost her brother a few moths ago... She notice that I was trying to harm myself and she sat me down and talked to me for a hour and made me promise her that she will see me the next day I wasn't sure what to say so she said to me no matter what you go threw in life GOD will always have your back and as long as you are here in hotel monaco we will always have your back because we are a family. She told me to take a couple of deep breaths and we prayed I woke up the next morning feel like god sent me a angel and it was ZAKIA... If it wasn't for her I don't I would be here today... I will return in August

• Stayed April 2013
Hi Gina,

So many times we have heard the phrase "right place, right time." But that’s exactly what happened, you and Zakia were in the right place at the right time. I am so happy that she was there and able to give you the support you needed. I’m sure Zakia will be excited to learn that you are coming back to stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes,
Jessica

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!