You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
u.s.
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Another top notch Kimpton property located in the heart of. Independent Square. Great staff. Unique dining. Valet parking. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well stocked. Online last minute rates available.

• Stayed May 2013
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for the love Vito! Come back and visit us soon!

Safe travels,
NIck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Turkish first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Took my 13 year old to Philadelphia for a birthday trip and we could not have asked for a better place to stay. She loved being able to see Independence Hall from our window. I loved the quiet and comfort of our room. Best part of the trip for my daughter was finding a surprise piece of chocolate birthday cake in our room after being out touring (arranged by the concierge unbeknownst to me). The staff was friendly from the front door to the housekeeping staff. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Great views on Park side rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi James,

Sounds like you and your daughter had an awesome weekend. Thank you for letting our team be part of the memory!

Best Wishes!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I doubt we'd stay here for $300+ a night, but a Kimpton In Touch deal turned up and was terrific value for money. The decor of the hotel is so over the top you have to either consent or dissociate. I did a bit of both. Our room on the 9th floor was gorgeous: large, sumptuous, lovely bed and appointments, appealing view. We didn't eat at Red Owl Tavern (mixed online reviews) and it's not super easy to eat around here unless you go down to Chestnut and 7th. We ate at four restaurants around there, all good in their own way; best meal goes to Chifa. The Bourse would have been good for food during the day. It's great to be close to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall etc. Staff were cordial, helpful when I locked myself out of my room, nothing was a trouble. There's a really nice feeling to this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hey Melissa!

Thanks for the great review. I'll see what I can do about keeping those InTouch specials alive!

Cheers,
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Found this hotel by accident through Hotwire. Loved my stay so much, that I booked my latest Philly business trip too. I took my wife and daughter too because I thought they would enjoy this cool hotel. Great experience.

Room Tip: Try their roof top bar!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
What an awesome accident! Can't wait to hear what your wife and daughter think of the Monaco. Let us know if we can help score you some points!

Thanks for the love!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I loved this hotel. It's the perfect combination of style, service and affordable price. But what sets it apart from other great phili hotels is the great location. We had a view overlooking Independence Hall that was spectacular.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Kent,

We agree you can't get any better than 5th and Chestnut! Happy to hear that you and your wife had such a great time with us!

Come back soon,
Basalt, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent a night in the Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia a couple of days after spending a night in the giant Marriott in the city. The experiences were vasty different. The Marriott was everything a typical that you would expect in a nice huge hotel. The Monaco was pleasing to the senses from the moment you walked in the door. The hotel was hoppin (not always what we are looking for) but the staff was on it, helpful, paid attention to the guest even with all the activity. The room was interesting and so comfortable. I love the different Kimpton property personalities. Our room was fairly quiet. The hotel location lends itself to wandering around and exploring. Great place to stay if you want both service and personality!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Pam,
I love the way you described the Monaco as pleasing to the senses. In my book, that is one of the most difficult things to achieve, but when done right its the most rewarding to our guests.

Thanks for taking th time to share!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday with a day trip to Philly. Our hotel experience was great and the staff were so helpful. Even though we missed wine happy hour, we were given complimentary drink coupons for the bar. We were also able to store our luggage there after checkout for a few hours.

Our room had a wonderful view of the Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, and I loved the decor. Front door staff made me feel like the hotel itself was pretty secure at night. Because both of us had already seen the historic parts of the town, it was a bit far from where the more popular restaurants seemed to be, so I may stay in the other Kimpton next time around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Happy to see you and your husband had a great time celebrating at the Monaco! We definitely have a great location and great staff! I hope you'll come back to Philly soon, and I know you will be well taken care of at either of our properties!

Best Wishes,