“Great hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #2 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Great hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for a college spring break tour, hoping to also be in a good location to see some of the historic sights. We also had our dog. The staff couldn't have been nicer, very accommodating with the kids and the dog. Great location one block from the liberty bell and constitution hall. The price was reasonable and the hotel was very charming. No fee for a dog in the room which is unusual--some places charge up to $150 extra per night. We at breakfast in the attached cafe. Service a little slow, but very convenient and tasty healthy breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1,035 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my first time at a Kimpton hotel and the experience could not have been better. The level of service far exceeded anything I encountered on my latest hotel experiences. Every employee I interacted with was very professional and seemed genuinely happy to help.

The decor is anything but subtle or classic, but we really liked it. There are some very nice touches like the Wine Hour, Raid the Minibar, and complementary Water/Coffee. For members, wifi is also included, which is always appreciated.

The room has a good size, was very comfortable, and the shower was great. Being on the 10th floor, I was concerned with the noise coming from the roof lounge, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hear anything on any of the 3 nights we stayed there.

The location couldn't be better, we were close to everything we wanted to see. I thought the valet was overpriced, so I just parked around the corner.

It was quite a refreshing experience, and I've been to several brand name 5 star hotels that can learn a lot from this Kimpton. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I'm back in Philadelphia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel was amazing. We stayed one night in March and was near everything in the historic district. Everyone from the bell hop to the front desk to the concierge was polite and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel highly. Kids got Milk and cookies and adults had wine hour in the lobby...How fabulous? The resaurant was amazing and so was the roof top bar. The beds and rooms were amazing too

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my weekend at the Monaco. I was in town for a wedding weekend and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful. They were a wealth of information about the neighborhood, and were happy just help when I locked myself out of my room twice in one weekend, or when I was just seeking a newspaper and coffee on a Saturday morning. My double room was a decent size for the two of us. Loved the view of all the action below from our 9th floor window. My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have a fan to make the room a little less steamy after a hot shower. The roof bar is pretty cool and a nice last stop before you head back to your room on a Saturday night.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family loved this hotel! The decor is so refreshing -- a place that dares to be different! We had a king suite -- it had a great view of the Liberty Bell Park and was fantastic location for our family of four...access to restaurants, sights, and public transportation. Comfy beds, a flat screen with a great choice of movies, closet and drawer space, lots of square footage -- so nice not to be crowded. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. My husband and I enjoyed the nightly happy hour, and we found breakfast in the downstairs restaurant great. The bathroom is cleverly designed (a second sink would have been handy, but we managed). The only complaint was that there seemed to be a dumpster emptying project in the alley below in the early hours of the morning -- which awakened the adults in the room for a few moments all but Sunday mornings. A minor inconvenience for a great room and stay -- would stay again. But hope they can work on the trash pickup schedule for next time so we can count on uninterrupted sleep.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Awesome location, incredible service- T the doorman actually escorted us to his favorite local restaurant and told the host to look after us. Valet parking was worth it. Everyone on the staff, even the repairmen I encountered, couldn't do enough to help us. Bradley the doorman was great, too. Room was upgraded to 2 queens overlooking the park- and I mean overlooking! Convenient, clean, cheerful. Red owl (on site restaurant) great food, wonderful service from Natasha and Allen. We had a fabulous time, looking forward to staying again. Would stay at another kimpton hotel in another city because this one was so great.

Room Tip: Park side rooms show independence hall and liberty bell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bethany Beach, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We loved, loved, loved this hotel. The staff is off the hook nice! Brian at the front desk is so helpful. Everybody was pleasant and professional. The room was clean but we didn't have a great view. (The view was a very close building.) Not a big deal because we were out and about. We took our dog and there was a grassy area just across the street for her. This hotel is in a fantastic location. Lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!