“Top Choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
16% in 2016
Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ottawa, Canada
“Top Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my first time at a Kimpton hotel and the experience could not have been better. The level of service far exceeded anything I encountered on my latest hotel experiences. Every employee I interacted with was very professional and seemed genuinely happy to help.

The decor is anything but subtle or classic, but we really liked it. There are some very nice touches like the Wine Hour, Raid the Minibar, and complementary Water/Coffee. For members, wifi is also included, which is always appreciated.

The room has a good size, was very comfortable, and the shower was great. Being on the 10th floor, I was concerned with the noise coming from the roof lounge, but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hear anything on any of the 3 nights we stayed there.

The location couldn't be better, we were close to everything we wanted to see. I thought the valet was overpriced, so I just parked around the corner.

It was quite a refreshing experience, and I've been to several brand name 5 star hotels that can learn a lot from this Kimpton. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I'm back in Philadelphia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel was amazing. We stayed one night in March and was near everything in the historic district. Everyone from the bell hop to the front desk to the concierge was polite and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel highly. Kids got Milk and cookies and adults had wine hour in the lobby...How fabulous? The resaurant was amazing and so was the roof top bar. The beds and rooms were amazing too

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my weekend at the Monaco. I was in town for a wedding weekend and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful. They were a wealth of information about the neighborhood, and were happy just help when I locked myself out of my room twice in one weekend, or when I was just seeking a newspaper and coffee on a Saturday morning. My double room was a decent size for the two of us. Loved the view of all the action below from our 9th floor window. My only complaint is that it would have been nice to have a fan to make the room a little less steamy after a hot shower. The roof bar is pretty cool and a nice last stop before you head back to your room on a Saturday night.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family loved this hotel! The decor is so refreshing -- a place that dares to be different! We had a king suite -- it had a great view of the Liberty Bell Park and was fantastic location for our family of four...access to restaurants, sights, and public transportation. Comfy beds, a flat screen with a great choice of movies, closet and drawer space, lots of square footage -- so nice not to be crowded. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. My husband and I enjoyed the nightly happy hour, and we found breakfast in the downstairs restaurant great. The bathroom is cleverly designed (a second sink would have been handy, but we managed). The only complaint was that there seemed to be a dumpster emptying project in the alley below in the early hours of the morning -- which awakened the adults in the room for a few moments all but Sunday mornings. A minor inconvenience for a great room and stay -- would stay again. But hope they can work on the trash pickup schedule for next time so we can count on uninterrupted sleep.

• 3 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Awesome location, incredible service- T the doorman actually escorted us to his favorite local restaurant and told the host to look after us. Valet parking was worth it. Everyone on the staff, even the repairmen I encountered, couldn't do enough to help us. Bradley the doorman was great, too. Room was upgraded to 2 queens overlooking the park- and I mean overlooking! Convenient, clean, cheerful. Red owl (on site restaurant) great food, wonderful service from Natasha and Allen. We had a fabulous time, looking forward to staying again. Would stay at another kimpton hotel in another city because this one was so great.

Room Tip: Park side rooms show independence hall and liberty bell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bethany Beach, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We loved, loved, loved this hotel. The staff is off the hook nice! Brian at the front desk is so helpful. Everybody was pleasant and professional. The room was clean but we didn't have a great view. (The view was a very close building.) Not a big deal because we were out and about. We took our dog and there was a grassy area just across the street for her. This hotel is in a fantastic location. Lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Monaco hotel for one night, and really loved the place.
The location is great, just next to Independance Hall and other museums (Liberty Bell, Museum of the Constitution, etc) - if you're in town for tourism, it's hard to do any better.

We didn't use the valet parking - price was very expensive, and there's a public parking just around the corner, costing less than half of what the hotel charges (plus, you won't have to wait 10 or 15 minutes in the morning to get your car, when everyone is checking out, too)

The atmosphere in the hotel is great, great deco everywhere, from common areas to the rooms.
There's a great rooftop lounge, too, with several rooms, pretty cool to have a drink when you reach the end of the day.

We had booked a King room with view over the park, which was splendid. The room itself, bathroom were very spacious.
Everything seemed very new, and the whole experience was very pleasant.

For sure, this was one of the best hotels we've stayed at, and we would definitely get back here next time we make the trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks mrmnem for sharing your recent stay with us! Sounds like you and your wife had a great trip to Philly. We too enjoy nothing more than ending a long day up on the roof at Stratus. Our comfy rooms will be waiting for your return.

Best Wishes,