“Great location & super staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Early & Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Doncaster, England
“Great location & super staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and were very impressed. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to help when ever they could. We arrived from the UK but unfortunately our luggage was several hours behind, the lovely lady who checked us in provided us with all sorts of toiletries to keep us going. The hotel is in the heart of the historic district and it was very easy to see all of the sites on foot. There are lots of great restaurants near by - unfortunately we only had time to visit a few. The rooms are a good size, we didn't have a view but it was very quiet and we weren't disturbed at all. I found the bed very comfortable but it was a little on the soft side for my husband who suffers a bit with his back. The wine reception, each evening, gave us the opportunity to chat to other guests which was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean F, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear KBP-in-SY,

That’s excellent to hear you had such a great time. Sorry to hear about the luggage, but that's great our team was proactive and anticipated your needs.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia is a gorgeous hotel with excellent customer service. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The decor is unique, aesthetically appealing, and uplifting. The hotel staff were friendly and genuinely interested in doing anything they could to make our stay a good one. The Kimpton Kids program delighted my daughter with cookies and milk. The wine hour was a treat. Breakfast at the Red Owl Tavern was also lovely. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hey Memjem!!

That’s so cool that you and the FAM had fun. Happy to see the kids like the cookies and milk, and the adults enjoyed the wine hour, that’s my favorite time of day!

Hope to welcome you back for round 2 of a fabulous experience.

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family and in-laws stayed at the Kimpton Monaco Hotel for 3 days. We were able to get an adjoining room with an excellent view of Independence Hall. The rooms were very clean and quite comfortable. The service in the hotel was excellent as each employee thought of himself/herself as the owner of a family business. If there was an issue, the employees became good problem solvers. This is a hotel that will get reup business and it certainly appealed to families who wanted to bring their dogs along. The 5pm free wine in the lobby was also a treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Steven41003!

Happy to see that both your family and the in-laws enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for staying with us and for the 5 stars.

Come back and see us again soon.

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband, daughter (9), and two dogs (35 lbs each). The staff were warm and helpful. Most requests were fulfilled promptly. We stayed in a queen parkview room and it had ample room for us all. View is awesome and you cannot beat the location! There is a park right across the street from the hotel for my dogs to explore and there were many great restaurants within walking distance. Based on the this experience, I will seek out other Kimpton properties when traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear CassieR62,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to see that you and your fam enjoyed your trip to Philly and the Monaco.

We hope to see you on your next trip to the City of Brotherly Love!

Best,

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

First off, I love Kimpton Hotels. I am very disappointed when I must go someplace and there is not a Kimpton Hotel. Hint Hint - Montreal, Canada.

My stay at the Monaco was the best. Rashid provided me that best service and an amazing tip - Check out the rooftop lounge early, because it really gets busy. I live for this hotel and the staff. It has to be one of the best I've stayed in so far. The living room is beautiful and big. The rooms are beautiful colors, with bathrooms with amazingly large showers and great water pressure. I loved all the mirrors throughout the hotel. The rooftop lounge, I wish we had this in DC, was crazy fab - the vapor room was my favorite. I am not a big meat eater but still really enjoyed the food at Red Owl Tavern, the hotel's restaurant. I will certainly make it a point to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a King room and it was an ok size, which is expected for staying in the city. I was on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thanks Cocogold!!

WOW 5 stars thank you so much. You rock!! I am so excited to read about how much you love Kimpton and the Monaco. Roshid is an amazing person and truly is an asset to the team, I will be sure to thank him personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Maybe someday there will be a Kimpton in Montreal AY?

Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I am an avid fan of Kimpton hotels. The Hotel Monaco is a beautiful new property in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and spacious and the whole place is a stone's throw from the liberty bell in the historic Old City neighborhood. There are tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Having tried several hotels in Philly, this one was the best. Will definitely stay here again in the future and would easily recommend to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hey Katiegirl77!

Wonderful experience for a wonderful guest! Sounds like the perfect match to me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind comments.

Come back and see us again soon.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful 5-day stay at the Monaco in Philadelphia. From check-in to check-out, our stay was fabulous. We brought our dog and were given a 2nd floor pet-friendly room with a view of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell building (you can't see the bell inside). Even though we were only the 2nd floor, we could not hear the traffic below. The housekeeping staff were awesome and loved our dog.
We started most mornings at the Red Owl Tavern in the hotel or one block over at the Cosi and ended each day at wine hour (well, my husband would sit in the Red Owl and I would go to wine hour). It is nice to talk with different people every day.
Getting around the hotel was easy as there were plenty of elevators. The gym on the 2nd floor was well-equipped, clean, and modern - it felt like a real fitness center.
My husband and I both used the free Wi-Fi (as In-Touch members) everyday. The connection was fast and easy to connect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy Philly's historic sites.

Room Tip: Low floor did not have traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kwbts124,

Sounds like you, your husband, and 4 legged friend had a grand ole time! Thank you for the wonderful comments.

We miss you guys already!

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!