“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Diamond Point, New York
“Fabulous”

Hotel Monaco
We visited in October but are just getting around to submitting our review. This property had just opened in the past couple of weeks and is amazing. The entire property is eclectic and it works. Our room overlooked Independance Hall, a room we were upgraded to at no cost. The staff was amazing. Very enthusiastic and they have definately bought in to the Kimpton midset. Our server at dinner, for example, was Marly. She knew the menu - which was very good- and despite being a new employee, she knew about the hotel and the company. She was very outgoing and knowedgable about the menu, hotel and the company behind the hotel. Our impression of the staff as just being "nice" is apparently in the corporate culture as she descibed having recently served the Kimpton COO and CEO. The way she descibed them was how we felt about the staff from doorman to front desk. They were friendly, enthusiastic and just wanted to please their customers and create a memorable experience - one you want to repeat.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Independance Hall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Turkish first
NY/NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is very nice and centrally located in Old City. The staff were curtious and efficient. The room was fine and we enjoyed our stay. there was one little problem with the linens that kept me from giving this a Outstanding review. However, I'd go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed the Monaco for my birthday - we had a great time! The hotel is new and had really fun decor. Not like your standard, old, boring hotel. Loved the atmosphere. The front desk, doormen, valet staff were all excellent! Very accommodating and all so nice. We ran into an issue with room service - we ordered breakfast (the food was amazing by the way) and the server forgot a very basic things (cream for coffee, syrup for pancakes)..after waiting an hour for breakfast, to wait another 15 mins for the staff to bring obvious things back up to us was a bit annoying. We did the review from the hotel, and the manager kindly gave us a credit - we were not expecting anything! It was very nice, and definitely shows that the staff care about their guests and wants them to return. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to friends. We had a great time overall!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were greeted with a exquisitely designed lobby with individual cosy corners.

Christine from the reception noted that we were on our honeymoon and we were upgraded to corner spa room. We love you, Christine!
Our spacious room overlooks the Independence Hall and our bathtub had the same view! Overall, the views from the room we stayed is somewhat panoramic; the views cover the most essential and historic parts of Philly.
The locality of the hotel is so centralized and of very close proximity to all the places and we wished we had not rented a car.
Thanks to Christine, we had complimentary champagne, a platter of cheese and strawberry dipped with chocolate. You could imagine what came next after we had consumed all these.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I arrived at night after a long day of meetings, was politely greeted at the door and even though I was tired and hungry, started to relax as I admired the crystal chandelier in the entrance. Everything at this hotel, was perfect. My room was beautiful and unique, quite a pleasure for a weekly business traveller. My meal in the restaurant was superb and the bartender helpful. The front desk staff were friendly and interesting. I learned about the history of the hotel during my morning coffee and places of interest to visit next time. Absolute wonderful hotel right acrosss from Independence Hall, but still not far from the airport. I hope I have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My sister and I were just here in November and we could not wait to return. Our second stay was just as great as our first! The staff go out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. We had a park-view two queen room. It was a beautiful room with a great view. I think this will become my second home :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Monaco in February with a girlfriend for a long weekend following a work conference. Philly in February was freezing and I doubt I'll go back in the winter unless I need to again for work but the hotel stay made up for the ice and wind. The service really stood out. I checked in right after my conference wrapped up and was a bit early. The staff was friendly and helpful, putting a rush on my room (I had requested one without feather pillows/blankets, etc. due to allergies) and happily agreeing to store my colleague's bags as well as my own until she left for the airport. I experienced the same friendly, helpful service from every staff member I encountered. Late checkout was no problem--they offered to let me stay until it was time to head to the airport on Sunday--and they gladly removed a room service charge for my friend's unsatisfactory breakfast. The hotel itself was in a convenient location, walkable to great restaurants as well as historical attractions, and I loved the modern, whimsical décor and unique touches such as the animal print bathrobes, in-room yoga kits and complimentary wine hour. I also appreciated that I could sign up as an In Touch member and instantly get free Internet. All of that made for a great stay but the staff's attitude was what gave the hotel extra points. I look forward to coming back with friends or my husband (though maybe in a warmer month).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!