“Blown Away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“Blown Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

There is a commitment to excellence at this hotel with every single individual we dealt with, front desk, front door, valet, restaurant staff. Room was beautiful and had so many special touches that we took about 10 photos to see if we can replicate them in our house. Again, the staff was excellent, they treated this schmuck from Jersey the exact first class way they treated the tuxes coming out of the limos. Will definitely come again.

Room Tip: don't worry about the view, focus on the inside.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean F, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hey Gary E,

I am happy to see you had a great time with us! We treat everyone like family, whether a schmuck or tux it makes no difference to us, the most important is you feel at home and are having fun!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia is great! Stayed here for a girl's weekend and had an amazing time. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are interestingly decorated. Loved the complimentary bottle of wine that was waiting for us in our room. The staff really know how to make you feel welcome! You get the feeling that they are willing to do anything to make your stay perfect. If you are looking for a good night's sleep, this if the place to be. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. It was rare to hear any outside noise.
The location in Old City is perfect as well...very walkable. There were so many restaurants and history within a ten minute walk. Great hotel and great weekend! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks AverageTraveler15!!

I greatly appreciate all the fantastic comments and I am thrilled to see you and the girl friends had a phenomenal time!

We can’t wait to welcome you guys back.

philadelphia, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a parkview room this Oct. This is not a 4 star hotel. It is really a pig with lipstick on- all loud and glittery with no subtance. The hotel is not relaxing to stay in, I found the room so uncomfortable that I kept the lights dimmed down. The decor is suppose to be whimsical and fantasy. It has been compared to Alice in Wonderland and even a copy of the book is in the room. We like to lounge in our room and generally upgrade for the view. The room was larged enough for a sitting area by the window, but instead they played the bed in that part of the room- no reason to pay extra for the view. There is large ugly wall paper with a giant ugly peacock. It is nightmarish. The wine hour had nothing for those that did not want wine such as lemonade or ice tea--not even tap water. There are no munchees served with the wine. The hotel does not adequately provide for room service which is another thing we enjoy as we lounge in our room. There are no door hangers for breakfast to preorder. I ordered breakfast for just a continental with croissants and was told it would take an hour. I then went down to get my breakfast and was told they did not have iced tea. I ran down to Cosi on the corner for breakfast. That is not the purpose of staying in a 4 star hotel. I want service/breakfast in bed as a treat. There is a trendy nightclub with kids lining up and guards controlling the crowds. Again I do not want to deal with that.
We had made reservations to stay over XMAS and we cancelled. The hotel is a huge disappointment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sean F, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Dreamvac,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the decor or your overall experience. I would like the opportunity to talk with you about your stay. If you would be so kind to contact me at sean.flanigan@hotelmonaco.com or 267-386-9462 it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Recently opened, the Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia offers well-appointed rooms, wonderful service and a location that can't be beat - just across the street from Independence Hall. Rooms have a vet modern feel. The wine service in the lobby/lounge is a nice touch. The restaurant offers an array of delicious food. The cocktail bar on the roof is a great place to hang out. Besides being near Independence Hall, the hotel is just steps away from the Liberty Bell Pavilion and tons of restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you 2malamutes!!

Happy to see you had a wonderful time while in the City of Brotherly Love!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We love staying with Kimpton, and their new Philadelphia location is amazing. We always expect great service (personal, friendly, knowledgeable), Kimpton design is always intriguing, and this is true her, BUT this location is the truly amazing feature. Walk thru the eclectic and fun lobby, out the front door,and you are IN the middle of Philly history. Constitution Hall is on the corner, The Liberty Bell Center across the way, and the amazing National Constitution Center a block off. We also visited the USMint and Federal Reserve Bank. Loved our February getaway with the family.

Our suite overlooked Independence Plaza, the deepJapanese soaking tub was a real treat, the room design inspired me to tackle a few things at home. We ate two meals in the Red Owl Tavern, breakfast was delicious, healthy and vacation paced.

We didn't bring our dog on this trip, but she would have been welcome at Kimpton, and the location would make it easy to walk her, get out and yet check back frequently.

We'll stay here again when we go to Philly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sean F, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks FunMom12!!

Happy to hear you enjoyed everything about the hotel and restaurant!

Hopefully on the next trip you can bring your 4 legged friend, we love all guests!

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for business. Wish it were for vacation. The hotel is stunning and meticulously maintained. Staff were on the ball and super helpful. The business center printing function was not working but they had me email my documents and they were waiting for me at the front desk when I checked out. Had dinner at the Red Owl Tavern - more more than I expected - great meal. My room was very spacious - also not what I was expecting. What a great surprise staying here. Even their morning coffee service (normally not something you'd write about) had an added element of comfortable and style. Love this place. Will always try to stay here if I can while traveling for business. It's a great escape from the ordinary.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hey Ncdevil94!

Happy to hear you enjoyed your trip with us! I greatly appreciate all your kind comments about the team and the hotel.

We can’t wait to see you again.

Best,

Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Warm, down to earth, caring staff. Hip and fun design. Great comfortable feel in the restaurant. Everything was spot on throughout my stay. From KC and Brian at to desk to Thomas "T" at front door and Brad who helped upon departure - all made the trip memorable in their own way. They really made it a unique experience you wouldn't get anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are either interior or exterior, interior have spa baths, exterior have views and glass enclos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thanks Abfabtom!!

I am so happy to see you had a great time with us! Casey, Brad, Brian, and T are all rock stars and I will be sure that they get a couple high fives from me for providing wonderful service.

Don’t be a stranger and come see us again soon!

Director of High Fives

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!