“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Milwaukee, WI
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My cousin and I went to Philly in early December on an art trip. I got to three museums in two days--he managed four! We stayed three nights and I loved the hotel. It is new and everything is squeaky clean. All the staff were eager to help in any way they could. My cousin couldn't believe the goldfish that was delivered to the room shortly after check in. And then the afternoon wine hour was a delight--especially as the lobby (living room) was stocked with some great art books. We spent our first evening in the rooftop bar watching football and snacking--the service was pretty hands off, but that was fine with us. It's a great spot--I'd like to go when the weather was better. We didn't have a meal at the main restaurant but got some great dining suggestions from the concierge. The decor was wonderfully over the top--fresh and fun and kind of kooky. The beds were comfortable. The only drawback to such great service--I got completely accustomed to at least two people leaping to open the doors for me, so, when I walked out one afternoon and no one noticed me, I almost walked face first into the door!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sean F, Manager at Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear LNinWI,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! I am happy that you had such a wonderful experience. Sorry to hear about the time the doors were not opened we will be sure to follow up with the team.

Don’t be a stranger and come back soon!

Sean Flanigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Turkish first
Marcus Hook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Live in Delaware, so i figured I would take the lovely to a special night and O boy was it. This is a cool Soho, LA very cool place right here in Philly. The rooms are just right. Not to big and feel cozy. The lobby is beeeautiful and this place is full of design. One issue.... they are dripping with help everywhere. Extra attendants at the door, lots of luggage help, smiling well meaning front desk staff. If you want the Four Season's, I do to, without the getting dressed up, this is the place. It is chic, great restaurant, nice gym, and looks like a museum of coolness this is your place.
oh... and you can bring the pooch. They loved my girlfriends and while he really is cute and they made a fuss over him,I am sure likely make a fuss over all their guests, furry or otherwise. This place is a treat.
Woof woof!!

Room Tip: get a corner suite...we had park view which is o'some, but I can tell that the corner suite will...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TAYabadabdoo,

Thank you so much for all the great comments! I am happy to see you, the GF, and the pooch had fun. We welcome all friends, 2 legged and 4!

Come back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a new hotel across the street from Independence Hall. Everything about this hotel is absolutely wonderful. The people are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The decor is trendy and cool, with multiple points of interest throughout. I would highly recommend this hotel. Just be aware of the $40 per night parking fee that I was not aware of until checkout.

Room Tip: The king delux is small and might be a bit cramped for more than one person. I stayed in both a do...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks Travelchick925!

Happy to see you had a beautiful time with us!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia for one night with my boyfriend during the holiday season. I had gotten a great rate on the Kimpton Cyber Monday sale but they then had a last minute deal online that was even cheaper a quick call to customer service and I was refunded the difference no problem.

The hotel was beautiful and all the staff was very friendly. Our room wasn't ready at the 3 o'clock check in time because I had been upgraded due to my Inner Circle Elite status. It wasn't a big deal because we were watching the football game in the Red Owl Tavern next door. The front desk offered to call me when my room was ready I declined and said I would just check back in. Within an hour the room was ready.

The Kind Spa Suite was huge and quite lovely! We had a corner room and the views were great. This hotel was especially convenient because of its proximity to the historical sites of Philadelphia. The bed was comfortable and I loved the decor and our pet goldfish was with us for the night as requested. They promptly delivered snacks and a note from the concierge as in line with my Elite preferences. We also enjoyed a glass of wine at the nightly wine hour which was a nice touch.

It was my first time at this Kimpton property but I look forward to visiting them again soon!

Room Tip: If you can get a corner room they are very large with great views!
Thank you JodyKitcher!!

We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to both Kimpton and the Monaco! Happy Holidays to you and your family. It’s great to see you had a wonderful visit and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Best,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My Husband and I had an exceptional experience during our recent stay at the new Hotel Monaco Philadelphia. We both travel extensively for work and pleasure, and this new Kimpton property exceeded all of our previous Kimpton experiences (including our wedding night in May in Alexandria, VA) in terms of the staff's personal service and attention to detail. They truly made us feel like special guests!

First the location is in the center of a plethora of attractions and very convienent. The decor is modern ecclectic chic, which nice little historic Philadelphia touches and is georgeously designed. King guest room was lovely, walk-in show heavenly and a super comfortable bed.

During our stay my Husband became ill and ALL of the staff bent over backwards to make him more comfortable. The level of survice and care we received was simply exceptional. All of the staff members that were aware of the situation regularly checked on OUR status and offered a variety of services that were above and beyond. We have never received the level of service at any another hotel, and would highly recommend the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, especially it's top notch staff. The entire staff was extremely attentive, professional, and courteous and the reason we will be back in January!

Thanks Niemczak!!

I am happy to see you guys had such a terrific time! Sorry to hear that your husband became ill, however, it was great to see that the team here was extremely caring and gave some extra TLC.

Hope to see you guys again soon!

hotels234
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great Hotel, went there twice, once for drinks on the rooftop and this time to stay. Would definitely stay again. Rooftap bartenders service was poor, but during my stay the 2 front desk people I encountered were superb. Also, when I went for drinks, I paid $25 for valet service and instead of bringing my car around, the man 'walked' to me to my car, was the stupidest thing I've ever experienced. Hotel is a brand new 5 star hotel, so its obviously clean and well maintained. The bed was comfy, but the pillows weren't IMO (I guess everyone is different). Obviously, its not going to be cheap, but if you want cheap stay outside of the city in an economy hotel.

Also, I wish I knew about the free parking offer through the end of the month, I paid $36 where I went to have drinks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hotels234,

Happy to see that overall you had an excellent experience with us! I did make note of the service opportunities you mentioned and will be sure to share with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was a fabulous location for our New Year's Eve celebration. We arrived a bit early, and the front desk was able to check us in early with a slight upgrade to our room. What a lovely surprise! Our room was beautifully decorated and well appointed. We appreciated the soaking tub for warming up and taking the chill off the winter air.

Food in the adjacent Red Owl Tavern was quite good, and the bartenders were friendly. The service (waiters, hostess, etc.) could use some improvement, but overall we enjoyed our experience there.

We were just a few blocks away from the fireworks on Penn's landing at midnight, which made for a refreshingly brisk walk when we returned from our dinner at a nearby establishment. This is a great new jewel in the Philly crown, with lots of potential.

Thanks MandyM7!!

Happy New Year to you and the family!!! Thank you for staying with us, happy to see everything went great.

Come see us again soon.

Sean Flanigan

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!