“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Book Early And Save
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
NY, NY
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for a night when we were in town to see Dave Mathews Band. It was fantastic, clean and new, the staff could not have been nicer, everyone from doormen to front end staff. The decor is fun and cheerful, "whimsical" (as someone else wrote) is a good description; decor is definitely over the top for my home but I love it as "vacation" design. Will definitely stay here again when in Philly and we are looking forward to checking out other Kimpton hotels around the country. We have been hooked on Kimpton since staying at Hotel Marlowe in Boston.

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor and though the view was not great, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Turkish first
Westchestry Cty, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Loved the hotel, clean new, and great service. Rooms well appointed and comfortable, but a bit small. Common area is nice. Staff was very helpful and went the extra mile. The restaurant in the lobby is the only downside of the property. Their staff are not helpful, the menu is limited and the service is nothing like the hotel. This is a classic case of a restaurant ruining a guest's hotel stay. The hostess literally sent me to a nearby Starbucks rather than find a way to get me a cup of coffee to go.

I would return, in hope others feel the same way!!

Room Tip: Get view of independence mall
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This new addition to the Kimpton chain continues the lavish quality that is synonymous with their other properties. The location is ideal for both sightseeing (in the heart of historic Philadelphia) and nightlife (just a few blocks from trendy South Street.) The staff is friendly and the accommodations are pristine. The attached bar/restaurant is worth the venture.

Room Tip: Select the corner rooms - the views are amazing
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is brand new and it was a lot of fun! It's right across the street for Independence Hall. The interior colors of the hotel were vibrant and fun and their wine hour was packed! I think that is a nice touch they have because it allows you to meet other guests if you choose to do so. The staff were great very easy to talk to and they were just cool people. We went to Stratus lounge for some drinks and appetizers and that was fun too. Before checking out the following morning we had breakfast at the Red Owl. It was good! Our servers were awesome! Again, cool people and attentive... people you would want to hang out with! I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Kimpton promotions, you get great room rates!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here during a meeting we had in Philadelphia. The hotel was really cool! It was in a GREAT location- right by the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. I was very impressed with the funky vibe of the decor in the hotel. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

We also ate in the restaurant in the hotel twice. We had both breakfast and lunch- both were very good and the service was impeccable.

I would absolutely stay here again and will look forward to staying at Kimpton hotels in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Recently I decided to treat myself by becoming a tourist in my own town, and what a great move staying at the Monaco was. Not only was it close to all manner of tourist sites and great night life, but the staff was awesome and made me feel right at home from the moment I pulled up to the curb and was assisted out of my car by T, until I checked out 2 days later and was assisted by Rashid. Everyone was exceptional, friendly and quite professional without being overbearing or stuffy. And the decor!!! I just wanted to bottle everything up and take it home with me, from the reception area where I enjoyed sitting by the fireplace having apple punch and tea, to my room with its great view of Independence Mall and the park, I loved all the color and delightful styles. I recommend the Monaco to anyone who is looking for a great experience in a home away from home.

As well, I strongly recommend dining at the Red Owl, as the food was delicious and anyone who knows anything knows what an asset a great bartender is and that is what we had in Jess. Just be sure to have a designated driver if you are just stopping in for food & drinks, and not staying at the Monaco because Jess does not do watered down drinks, but full-bodied drinks that you will be sure to enjoy. Cheers!

Room Tip: Loved my parkview room on the 4th floor. Everything looked just like it did on the website.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I very much enjoyed my recent stay at the new Hotel Monaco in Philly.The location near Independence Hall is terrific and the staff is very friendly and professional.The lobby decor is similar to the Kimpton Monaco in San Francisco,so it might not be to everyone's taste, but I liked it..I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!