“Great lunch spot with food that's good for you” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
Austin, Texas
“Great lunch spot with food that's good for you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a long plane trip to Philadelphia, I'm glad I walked the several blocks from my hotel to Hip City Vedge for lunch. The groothie was a great boost. Everything is vegetarian--what a great thing to have choices! I ordered the Philly cheese steak. It was good, but could have been a bit more savory. I followed up with a carrot lemonade that was very good. The cafe is tiny, but table turn over is quick and there is always to carry out option.

Visited June 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Expensive but worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My mouth drools just to think of Hip City Veg!!! I went there on a busy Wednesday around noon, the line was on the street already, but I don't care, the line can reach Rittenhouse square and I'm going to be there strong waiting to get the best veggie burger in town, if not the country! Crispy Hipcity ranch is amazing, so crispy and juicy at the same time!!! You're not going to regret!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Delicious Food at Hip City Veg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had seen Hip City Veg on the list of vegetarian restaurants, but had never dined there. We happened upon it as we were walking back to our hotel, grabbed a menu, and decided later that day to get carry out food for our return trip home.

The food was absolutely fantastic, and I look forward to dining there again!

We had the chocolate shake, the Philly Steak, the Fajita Wrap, and a cupcake - all fantastic! We also brought back a cookie and a brownie - haven't had it yet, but I'm sure they'll be yummy!

Service was great! I placed the order when we were on the way to Hip City Veg, and our food was ready as we arrived. We were greeted with a warm hello and a smile, and were quickly on our way.

I look forward to dining at Hip City Veg again, hopefully very soon, on my next trip to Philadelphia!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ventura, California
“Tough to find good food for the Vegan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

First off- order the Groothie, it is everything you will need.
Secondly- It must be noted that even a non-vegan would enjoy this place.
It is a small place, and usually very busy, but they have it down and before long you will be enjoying the best grub in Philly. There isn't many spots to sit, so if the weather is nice I recommend having a park picnic at Rittenhouse Square. It is right across the street.
I always have the most difficult time finding vegan food when I am traveling so this was a highlight for me on our Philly adventure. There are many good eats to choose from but I will say that I enjoyed the Crispy Hipcity Ranch, the sweet potato fries, and for a sweet treat the Orangesicle shake. But, seriously get the Groothie.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, PA
“Vegan but no deprivation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Fast, pleasant service and delicious vegan food in Center City Philadelphia. I recommend a Ziggy burger with sweet potato fries and cilantro black bean dip, but everything I have tried on several visits has been excellent. There is a tiny seating area, but, if the weather is pleasant, you can enjoy your food in Rittenhouse Square, which is nearby (north on 18th Street).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere