“A great day in my home town - after 50 years absence!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 122 Activities in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Your friend in Philly. Private tour guide to show you the Philadelphia YOU want to see. History, architecture, culture. One hour to one day. Walking, on/off bus, my vehicle or yours, and all the combinations. Seniors and families our specialty.
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
“A great day in my home town - after 50 years absence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I treated our two granddaughters 8 and 10 to a colonial perspective of a dynamic city rich in history and vibrant in it's gateway to the future. Lois from See My Philadelphia was an active assistant in planning our tour and a consummate source of knowledge and entertaining stories to picque the interests of two children. She was timely and took care of transportation and tickets. I enjoyed catching up on aspects of " my Philly" from my youth, including the suspended train ride high up in Wanamakers toy department that was always a treat during annual trecks downtown to see Santa. Lois is a true professional and we would highly recommend her services to help you see your Philly.

Visited December 2012
seemyphila, Owner at See My Philadelphia-Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
wow. Thanks for the kind words. It's always a fun day for me with clients who are as enthusiastic as you and your family. On your next visit we'll go check out the old 'hood, and other fabulous Philly sites.

Brisbane
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The day I spent with Lois was just brilliant.. after a little hiccup at the train station waiting for each other, the rest of the day was awesome. Lois has so much local knowledge that it was a great way to experience my first trip to Philly.

We walked around the historic district and did the Independence Hall tour before have a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich at Sonny's - all of which Lois had arranged. We then drove around South Street area before parking and walking down Broad Street. We did things that I normally wouldn't even think of doing - like checking out the ballroom at the Bellvue and walking through the foyer of the Ritz-Carlton. It was a real pleasure to be shown around by a local.

I had spent nearly 3 weeks in the States by this point but I am glad to say that Philly was my favourite place and it was brilliant having someone to show me around.

I would recommend Lois to anyone who listens to me :) I

Visited November 2012
seemyphila, Owner at See My Philadelphia-Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for the review. So glad the weather cooperated too. It's easy to be a good guide with such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic customer.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Lots of Bang for the Buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Lois was a fount of knowledge and interesting information which made the city even more charming....We only had a few hours to get an overview of a city I hadn't seen in 50 years, and she was teriffic. I highly recommend her as she will personalize your tour to your circumstances. And, a very nice person!

Visited November 2012
seemyphila, Owner at See My Philadelphia-Private Day Tours, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. And as usual, it was I who also had a great time with you guys!! Hope the rest of your trip was safe and hope to see you again!
Moraga, CA
27 attraction reviews
“Traveling with our grandson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We visited Philadelphia last May 2011 with our grandson, who was 10 years old. (We take each of our grandchildren on a special trip when they turn 10) We wanted a knowledgable "third party" to show us the historical sights. Lois was wonderful. She took us to Sonny's for his famous cheesesteak sandwiches, to start our tour. We then saw the Ben Franklin house, Betsy Ross house, and she walked us through the historical district giving us the pertinent history as we went. She even found a great T-shirt shop where our grandson could buy for himself and his brothers and sisters. Lois then drove us to the Philadelphia Art Museum to visit the statue of Rocky, and then we concluded our tour at The Eastern State Penitentiary. It was a perfect day and we learned so much from Lois. I would highly recommend her as a guide in Philadelphia.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Understanding of All Philadelphia has to Offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I and our 11-year old son had a day to do sightseeing in Philadelphia. We had moved from the Philadelphia area before our son was born and this was his first trip back. We wanted to give him a chance to see as much as possible in a single day -- to capture the awe of historic Philadelphia, gain a sense of the vibrancy of the city and the eclectic mix of old, new, and modern Philadelphia, as well as include some of our own favorite haunts. Lois of See My Philadelphia did it all and then some. We made plans in advance of the basic things we wanted to see and then she built a day around that basic structure. She took care of ordering tickets in advance and brought maps and books for us to look at to help further inform what we were seeing. She had lots of great stories and anecdotes to mix with the rich historical and cultural knowledge she brings to her tour. It was a wonderful and full day. The best part was that our son loved it and would go on a tour with Lois any day. We highly recommend Lois and See My Philadelphia Tours.

Visited March 2012