“100% Fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago
“100% Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I did two nights here for work. Yes, the executive lounge is underwhelming. I can’t speak for the laundry service mentioned earlier. And yes, it’s near a water reservoir, not a park & pond. None of these are important factors when rating a hotel for me. The service was good, room was clean and quiet, and the beds comfortable. I was very happy with my stay. Note, it’s not in downtown Philly, but that shouldn’t be a mystery with the map displayed on this page. No complaints here, and I would recommend this hotel to most others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Usually I tend to ignore people that write bad reviews. I feel like some people are just way too picky. So when I read the bad reviews about this hotel, as usual I decided to ignore them even though there were more bad reviews than I usually see.

Let me tell you, everything that people have wrote about the lack of quality staff is 100% true. Everything about our stay was poor at best. We had to change rooms twice. But I think the worst was the rudeness of the staff. I used to work for hotel so I can understand room issues, but there is no excuse for rudeness. I did not feel like I was even at a Hilton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Our visit was for one night. Its a modern Hilton thats clean and well maintained. We all agreed that it has a magnifient dining room and the breakfast was the most extensive ( healthy clhoices as well as the typical breakfast buffet0 we expereinced on our tour of the US east coast.

The hotel is a couple of miles from the usual tourism sites, but the rate made up for that, so we just drove the car downtown.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
gorgeous hudson valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We were in town for one night for a Philadelphia Eagles game. Checked into the hotel around midnight, and we left by 10am the following morning. I had requested a room with a 'water view'. The water view turns out to be a lagoon or catch basin, perhaps even a sewage plant.
Our room was on the floor just below the executive level, but I still had access to the Executive Lounge for breakfast.
Room was very spacious, a small foyer when you enter and an open closet. Bathroom was standard size. Large desk...
The hotel is located (in my opinion) somewhat outside of the Philly city limits, not much close by if you're looking for a late night bite to eat. Parking, well, we parked on the street across from the hotel, free. I can't remember exactly, but I think there might be a Homewood Suites next to the Hilton.
Breakfast in the Lounge was fine, a nice coffee machine which offered Cappuccino, lattes, etc...We really didn't have a chance to explore much of anything since our primary purpose at the hotel was to sleep and then leave for home the next morning. I wasn't that impressed with the Hilton, mainly because of it's location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

This Hilton is supposed to be a full service establishment
However when I called down to have a Landry bag collected I was abruptly told to bring it to the front desk, not even a request!

This followed a knock on the door for turndown service even though I had the do not disturb sign on, it would seem zzzzzz on the door card must mean something else in Spanish.
On the plus side to the room it was clean and cosy with an in room safe

The exec club however was possibly one of the worst I’ve visited as a diamond member.
Its poorly deigned with two or three tables in the corners and a couple of sofas
Its fills up with about ten people so there’s no choice where to sit except share a couch with someone you’d rather not.

The snack food available is also of a poor standard and looks tired.
At no point was I offered a first drink as per the norm by the staff in other exec clubs I had to seek out my self and didn’t even know alcohol was available till the second night.

The pool and fitness centre are very small for a full service hotel and I would class as poor
The swimming area is more a kin to a cee-ment pond as the Hill Billies would say.
But very warm.
There was also no welcome package in the room for Diamond members making me think someone decided to have it for themselves and only one mains socket on the desk itself

The standard –they are a slippin’ it’s a no return for me

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Manhattan, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Front desk staff and staff in concierge level was very rude and unknowledgeable, made frequent errors with billing. Seemed preoccupied...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cooperstown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

The hotel requires that you drive to get anywhere to shop/eat other than their one restaurant, which is good. Parking is $5 each time you go in and out, or $ 10 for valet. We left for lunch and dinner each day and you have to walk down street, 5 minute walk in to a run down parking lot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue? Share your experiences!