“Nice location, but no full mirror??” 3 of 5 stars

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #61 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Nice location, but no full mirror??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter and I attended the Beyonce Jay-Z concert on July 5th and we stayed at the the Philadelphia location on rt. 1. Much to our surprise, there was no full mirror and the radio/alarm wasn't working. I've stayed at this Hilton many times, but was dissapointed at this particular stay:(

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. I do apologize for the issues that occurred and thank you for bringing them to my attention. Your concerns will be shared with the appropriate team members. I do hope howerver that your overall stay was enjoyable and that you has a great time at the concert and in Philadelphia during the holiday weekend. I sincerely hope that you will stay at the hotel again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Clean, well run hotel - great location for concerts at Mann Center. I would stay again if I had to be in this part of Philly. We were able to find on street parking, but they have both valet and paid lot options in case that doesn't happen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your feed back and your stay. I was pleased to read that both the hotel and it's service team met you needs and expectations. I hope to have you as a guest again the next time you are in the Philadelphia area. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is not a bad hotel, but the service is underwhelming. Rooms are ok but as with all other Hilton hotels, they are as tight as anything...
You get nothing (even though I am an Honors member) pay for internet, water, everything.
The steakhouse though is excellent

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for everything
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your stay and for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your feedback greatly and will shar it with all members of the management team so that we can work on improving our value for dollars spent. I will also share your kind comments about Delmonico's and it's service team.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I booked the executive board room on the 3rd floor of this hotel for a meeting and was pleased with the service that I received from the Director of Catering, Randy Schaller. The room has a long conference table with high back leather chairs (about 12 I think), a white board that I used as a screen for my projector, and nice lighting including dimming chandeliers. The room was ready when needed with my company name on a sign in front and at the front door. The extension cords were run to a convenient space under the table and taped down to the carpet. Room service delivered delicious cheese plates and cocktail shrimp on time. Overall, Randy was a pleasure to deal with and helped my meeting go smoothly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you very much for having held your meeting at the hotel and for taking the time to share your thoughts. It was a pleasure reading how Randy and his team met all of your needs and expecations. I look forward to your company holding future events at the hotel.
Philadelphia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stay here often when coming into town to visit with family. The hotel shows signs of wear but overall it's a good nights stay. Breakfast is worth the extra $10 at booking time. This a nice spread to choose from. My only negative experience was the chairs needed cleaning.....food down in the cracks. I have a pet peave for that kind of stuff. I don't want nor expect that from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for you multiple stays and for taking the time to share your thoughts and please accept my. I believe it is always important to receive both the positive as well as not so positive guest feedback as both types of feedback will only assist in making the hotel better. I will be sharing your comments with our restaurant and Hourskeeping departments so that they can do a better job in keeping the restaurant clean.

Again please accept my apologies and thank you for your feedback. if I may ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Please dont let the picture fool you. This hotel is not on the water. It's next door to a large pond of a reservoir with another one in construction. Nothing pretty to look. Now lets look inside. Bar is nice. Rooms are old with worn out furniture. Room service breakfast was horrible. My wife asked for a soft runny egg on toast and she got a hard boiled egg on burnt black toast. The toast I had was old and stale. The only reason why we stayed here was the location to where we had to be. I will never stay here again. I will contact the manager about the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brian S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share the issues you experienced with breakfast. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced and I will be reaching out to you regarding the breakfast.
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was perfect as it was a great hotel and close to my daytime business meetings. I learned that the location is not great in terms of safety and going out at night. Daytime safety and having many places to choose to eat from during the day was very good. However, you need to be in a taxi or driving to get around at night even if where you are going is within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your thoughts. I was please to read that you enjoyed your stay and that they hotel met you needs. I hope to have you as a guest again the next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue? Share your experiences!