“It was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,683 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Between S. 10th St. and S. 9th St.
Transit: septa; Route#57 3rd st.(Northbound)4Th st.(Southbound)#47 7Th st(Northbound)8Th st.(Southbound)#64 Washington Ave.(Eastbound and Westbound)Route #23 11Th st.(Northbound 12Th st. Southbound)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I wasn't really enjoying it, might have been sick of something. I love pepperoni but this was far too greasy and not sitting well in my stomach. I picked off the pepperoni but still not going down :(

Visited July 2012

“Satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went in search of a Mexican restaurant near ninth Street last weekend. What can I say we were a few years late to the Mexican Renaissance. Someone from the neighborhood pointed us to Plaza Garibaldi and we weren't disappointed. More than 30 years ago I ventured into the same spot when it was Saigon, one of the first Vietnamese restaurants in Philly. It was déjà vu all over again. The decor that hardly changed. Instead of the Young's daughter and son waiting on us there is a young teenage boy. The food was satisfying, including the natchez, which I was scornful about my my dinner companions first ordered it. But it is nothing like what I expected; the tortilla chips were delicately layered with chicken beef and the light tMexican cheese. The ends lads mixto was similarly pleasing; simple as a salad is to make you're hard to get a good one when you go out to a restaurant. All of my dinner companions were too satisfied with their own dishes to want to share or sample. I had the chicken enchilada in chipotle sauce that I enjoyed for days thanks to the generous portion. My only complaint is that they cleaned throughout the evening with heavy cleaners. I could've done without that. But otherwise a refreshing remake to a place that holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican food in a relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a really enjoyable place for dinner, that is also inexpensive and relaxed. The food is great... good mole sauce, some complex dishes, as well as reliable standards. Enormous portions for relatively low prices ($10-$14). Plus, the beer is plentiful and cheap! Not elegant, but a comfortable dining room. Give it a try!

• Visited March 2012