“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The night started out badly when I called to confirm a reservation i had made a week earlier by phone and my name was nowhere to be found. They were able to accomodate us eventually at 8PM instead of 7PM as I had originally planned.
The dinning room was very handsome and the hostest very attentive. Unfortunately there was only one waiter covering a large number of tables. While he was friendly, service was painfully slow. We waited just over an hour for our entrees! When they came our $46 delmonico was poor quality, tough and over cooked!
The manager came over to apologize but to my surprise never took off an entre from our bill as is usually done in places that charge $50-60/person for dinner. They did provide us with one fre desert but no explannation.
Overall, I was disapointed with the whole experience especially for the price we paid
Won'rt be going back and will not recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Vermont
“The Best! They really care.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, we were treated so well. Happy hour drinks to start...a bonus and very well made. Dinner was perfect. The quality of the food and service was amazing. We had meat and cheese for an appetizer and filet mignon with green garlic sauce for dinner. The sides of cauliflower au gratin and creamed spinach were decadent. I only wish we had more time and a bigger appetite. It was such a beautiful restaurant and everyone lived up to the expectation! Good luck. Hope to get back there again!

“Very good everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Tuesday and couldn't have had a better experience. Place looks great, as soon as you walk in you get the feeling of being in an old bank with the great high ceilings and pillars. Was greeted with a smile and had to wait just about fifteen minutes as all the tables were full. We weren't in a hurry as we had planned to spend the evening dining. Went to the bar for the best manhattan I've probably ever had. Ed was our bartender and was kind and knowledgable. After being seated our server,Cat, was kind, attentive,(but not overly) and gave us great service. From our bread ( which had this great bourbon butter) to our appetizer ( raw sampler) to our entrees. I had the filet. My wife had the Chilean sea bass. We hardly spoke to each other because we were so engulfed in our food
The manager (big guy. Nate or nick) stopped off in the middle of dinner and simply asked is how our dinner was going and we could not stop raving about how good everything was. Not kidding. After a ten minute conversation with him ( half of which he was cracking us up) we found out that the restaurant is fairly new and how the neighborhood is getting away from shot and beer places to more adult friendly eateries.
Good drinks. Good staff. Phenomenal food. Highly highly highly recommend for a romantic evening with the better half. Or drinks and apps for happy hour

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Overachiever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This restaurant certainly exceeded our expectations. It is a self-described "chop house" featuring steaks and various chops of meat, neither of which have a place in our diets. However, the menu is more extensive than we had expected and offered some great seafood options. We had monkfish and seared tuna - both immaculately fresh and nicely prepared. We didn't drink but the cocktail offeringsand beer/wine selections won't disappoint. The service was warm and professional and we appreciated the active involvement of the manager assuring that we were having a good experience. They also accommodated us as walk-ins at 7:30 on a weekend evening.

Visited August 2012
nj
“Don't take it to the bank.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This landmark bank has been converted to a restaruant. The interior retains some of its former granduer. The current owners have added dark wooden book shelves, table tops that appear to be made of stained plywood and dark covered chairs. The bar area takes up about 20% of the large open space. The faux sky-with-clouds painted ceiling was sadly not done by Michelangelo. I was there at 8 PM on Tuesday night and there were three other couples at the tables. The staff was friendly and accomodating. There were 4 TVs over the bar and clearly visible from the restaurant. The vibe was upscale urban, but I couldn't help but think that the establishment doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.
the house provided strips of a flat bread and a butter made sweet by adding carmalized bourbon. I didn't know liquor had that much sugar in it.
I ordered the Caesar salad after being told the dressing contained anchovie paste. I didn't taste it :-(
I ordered the aged Del Monico (rib eye) steak. The first one was over cooked. It was exchanged for one more sutitable to my taste--medium rare. ($36.00) The steak was missing the usual large fat streak that, in my opinion, adds so much to the flavor of a good steak.
When one orders a steak, you have the choice of ordering al a carte sides, one of which includes a baked potato, 2 large onion rings and veal jus. The potato was well cooked and needed nothing but butter and salt for my taste. The onion rings were tasty, but the batter was more tastelless tempura than the more familiar batter which usually has taste.
My partner ordered two al la carte sides: garlic spinach ($4.00) and cauliflower au grautin ($6.00). Both were delicious and enough for two people.
We had a bottle of a favorite Rosenblaum Zinfandel ($36.00) that costs $9.00 per bottle in NJ.
For desert, we shared a dish of Maple / Bourbon vanilla ice cream. I didn't taste the bourbon and the ice cream was icy. We were given bullion spoons to eat the ice cream.
At this price point, I was surprised there were no table clolths on the table. There were no coasters to soak up the water dripping from our ice water glasses.
Would I go back? I prefer steaks on my home grill.

• Visited August 2012